What do you work as? (1 Viewer)

i am a freelance reporter/reviewer/assistant producer/broadcast journalist for BBC Radio programmes in Northern Ireland and sometimes Radio One.

unless of course you happen to work for the Inland Revenue, in which case i am a humble full-time student (as if such a thing existed).

edit: the last part is a joke, cos they tax the same anyway, and i don't earn that much over the threshold so it's fuck all.
seein as BA there's workin for the man n'all.

hey lala who do you work for?

broken arm said:
not quite - the same way you is working for the BBC.

but i spend a lot of time with the 'man'

.|..|

yeah i know - but which of us is more of a 'legitimate target'???

not paying the license fee is an instantly dismissable thingy for BBC staff.

oh shit said:
yeah i know - but which of us is more of a 'legitimate target'???

not paying the license fee is an instantly dismissable thingy for BBC staff.

everyone, insert a noun in the 'thingy' space, ie

not paying the license fee is an instantly dismissable dogshit for BBC staff

Play records

Hang out with homeless dudes and drug users

Design educational programmes for former drug users

Assistant research work in human rights organisation

Of course there's better jobs out there for you. Couldn't you get a job making stuff or drawing shit? Set up a business. Fuck that working for the man shit.

La La said:
the south china morning post.

who also pay me fuck all. talk about suffering for your art, for love or money, bollox bullshit bastards.
communists, wha?

Queen Buzzo said:
Of course there's better jobs out there for you. Couldn't you get a job making stuff or drawing shit? Set up a business. Fuck that working for the man shit.

I'm starting a portfolio course in September and hopefully will get into art college next year, then once I complete that I intend making stuff and drawing shit.

I have...no job.

I am awaiting confirmation of possible interview with a large firm with a fun name... if I get it I would be dealing with writing blurbs and refining search terms etc etc ... and I also have an interview on Thursday for a national paper.... in Ireland ... with a business slant ...which comes out on Sundays ...

I can't say any more. I won't say any more.

roxy said:
I have...no job.

I am awaiting confirmation of possible interview with a large firm with a fun name... if I get it I would be dealing with writing blurbs and refining search terms etc etc ... and I also have an interview on Thursday for a national paper.... in Ireland ... with a business slant ...which comes out on Sundays ...

I can't say any more. I won't say any more.

Good luck with it all! :) Hope something works out for ya

I have no job at the moment. I just finished school forever so i'm sort of on holiday. Currently looking for a job(not looking very hard), ideally doing something music related, but if sommit is not forthcoming in the next few weeks i'll have to go back to my old market research job which was dull, but easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back