what did you dream of last night or recently (2 Viewers)

ms.b.haven

(Retired)
i dreamt of johnny knoxville last night :heart: i love him

but a few nights ago i dreamt my dog was killed by a bulls horn (the 1 on it's head) but i don't know how he ended up on it and i actually woke myself up crying, no tears just whimpering a bit

About a month ago I had the fucking weirdest scariest dream of my life. I was at an Opeth concert and they were going on about getting a new key boardest and I was drunk or something and I was head banging with these lads with blonde hair and my friend had gone off and left me with them for some reason. Every one was taking this fucking blue stuff and they were getting really off their faces on it and i didnt know what it was at all , and then i went to the bathroom and some one pissed on me over the stall. Then some girl was crying over her period or something . Then i came out of the toilets and my t shirt had gone some where. So then all of a sudden I was on a back country road walking home when it started to snow, so I turned back towards the village of clonroche and I was really really cold and this blue van passed me as I walked . I can remember seeing two wagtails in the snow messing with each other and there was an angel sitting up in a tree crying tears of blood. Then all of a sudden I was in the Village standing out side the housing estate when some one knocked me down with their car and all of a sudden I could see the shell of myself lying on the road , like my clothes were just sitting in such away as if my body was still inside them but it was empty. I was just standing over it.

I can remember that the jumper that I was wearing at the end was this weird green colour and if I ever see it I will cry with fear. When I woke up I was nearly crying and for some reason nearly believed in God. I told my friend Wayne about this and he told me it sounds like a dream that he gets when he is going through with drawl, but I dont do drugs so I dunno.

i never remember them, except occasionally when i have one during a waking-then-fallin-asleep-again type episode, then they're usually anxiety dreams

i reckon i'm better off, my subconscious is awkward enough when i'm awake:(

I have lots of weird dreams, and a fair number of scary ones, but I've had a lot of dreams lately that I'm in the States. I haven't been there in like a year and a half, and it's looking less and less likely that I'm going to be able to afford it until at least the end of this year, so it's been getting me down. I think I've been comforting myself with dreams that I'm just there, doing stuff.

Sometimes I dream I'm just on holidays, driving around New England in the autumn, or walking around the East Village in summertime, or walking around Boston Harbor. What's weird is that sometimes they're quite horrible dreams, but the surroundings make them less horrible. I'm all, "What, there's a knife in my back? But look at the pretty oak trees!"

Twice, I was back teaching as a visiting lecturer in my old college, and it was brilliant, especially because I was just going over to teach, and flying back to Dublin on the weekends. They called me and said, "Don't forget to submit your reading list to the bookstore!" and I was like, "Oh yeah, in Amerikay, students actually buy books for their course, and actually read them!" And the students showed up prepared for class and eager to discuss stuff. I woke up the next day, and I was all full of glee for the potential of teaching by challenging and supporting students in equal amounts.

Weirdly, I had a dream a few days later, about the same situation, but from a different perspective. The students were all demanding I fucking wipe their asses, and giving me shit, ringing me up at all hours, crying like little wussybabies any time they didn't get an A, complaining that there was too much reading, that they didn't like having to learn all these new words, etc. And it made me miserable.

So now all I know is that even my subconscious hasn't made up its mind about my personal educational philosophy. And it has made a point to rub it in my face, the fucker.

have you ever dreamt about something and then ages later you have a déja vu. that happens to me the whole time that's it's scary

ms.b.haven said:
have you ever dreamt about something and then ages later you have a déja vu. that happens to me the whole time that's it's scary

Sometimes, and there's a particular one that was freaking me out for a while, but now I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, I hope that second teaching dream doesn't come true. I seem to remember standing in a classroom in the Arts Building, trying to teach, but ending up having to change a student's nappy in the middle of a lecture, while breaking up a fight over a toy that had erupted in the back of the room. And you know what? College babies have icky poopy.

Maybe my brain was warning me, either "You were making more money looking after kids, go back to that" or "Your ability to handle five-year olds is a skill that will not be wasted in your future career."

Friday night: Dreamt I was watching telly and that Gay Byrne came back for one last Late Late Show (!). Closing his very last show was the Wu Tang Clan. Their backing track started but they looked all confused and were pointing at their ears and shaking their heads. They were supposed to be miming but couldn't hear anything :confused:

Recently: Dreamt I was being chased by scary Michael Jackson. I ran into the bathroom, where he cornered me. I grabbed the shower, turned it on really hot and aimed it at his face. The hot water caused his face to melt :eek:

Jesus, my weirdest dream in ages: usual falling off a cliff shite, 'cept I land on the set of some sitcom. It has Bill Murray in it and I end up drinking milk with him for a while until he gets really pissed off at the people doing the canned laughter and puts some kinda spell on them that makes them all recite German vocab.
I'm sure that means I'm a highly effective tennager or some shite but, fuckin hell that had me pissing myself laughing.

last night i dreamt that i had my t-shirt on back to front.

my dreams are weird only in that they're so incredibly mundane that i get them mixed up with real life all the time.

Ive had several Matrix dreams. bullet time jumps and the one-like powers. I remember one in particular, I was running from some cops in a subway..leapt into the air and soared down some stairwell full of people. Then all of a sudden I was standing in some kitchen holding a butcher's knife covered in blood. I had murdered someone. started fazing in and out of these two places. yeah it was pretty bizarre. still, I love those Matrix dreams. I also like my 24-like dreams.

ms.b.haven said:

i get that constantly. very very regularly. i also regularly experience: dream "flashbacks" (something reminds me of a dream i had the night before, and memories flood back) a few times during every day, the sensation that i am dreaming when i am awake, being struck with a memory from out of the blue and not being sure whether it is from a dream or years ago, recurring dreams (picking up on dreams i have had years ago), and premonitionary and instructive dreams.

i strongly recommend keeping a dream journal and practicing lucid dreaming.

this is not a lie, i had a dream that i was living in an old mansion in the country with some girl and Zidane ( french footballer) was living in my attic addicted to opium. He eventually started sprouting vines so we had to run out of the house. Pretty strange. Wonder what it means?

recently i'd a horrible horrible dream about some of my friends dying from crazy disturbing (hopefully not possible- it was like an episode of v for some of them) side effects of doing pills.

when i was a kid i was really cool and a couple of friends and i used to smoke behind our school. i stopped after dreaming that i vommited a sink full of cigarette butts.

i wonder if the two are connected, maybe my brain telling me to stop doing bad things before i break it.

so weird. i also had a dream about richard gere recently, and i'm seeing him in a new light
broken arm said:
i have only started dreaming again recently after a 3-5 year break.

seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back