What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (12 Viewers)

^Yes! Purchase it at once. Man, I'd love to have not read it just so I could experience for the first time... his next book Only Revolutions looks like one to avoid though.

At the minute I'm reading What A Carve Up by Jonathan Coe.

"Black Elk Speaks" - conversations with the Sioux Medicine man...incredible. Eloquent and totally fearless. And neurosis free.

I've been thinking of reading that Danielewski book.. we have it on work and it looks good. Friend of mine just spent thirty quid on it like an eejit when I could've taken it out of work for six weeks for him for free.
Finally finished my FC Ware and John Carey books the other night, started into HP Lovecraft- Call of Cthulu and Other Stories (surprise acquisition through work, lovely)
After that I have two Arthur C Clarkes and the latest Don DeLillo to get through, and then I'll think about the Danielewski book..

Finished The Rotter's Club by Jonathon Coe a short while ago; now onto Atonement by Ian McEwan. After that I've got Specimen Days lined up. After that I'm washing my hair.

I've just finished two collections of the short stories of Jorge Louis Borges; a slightly pervy book by Peruvian writer Mario Vargas LLosa called In Praise of the Stepmother; and am now reading The Tango Singer by Tomas Eloy Martinez.

The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles. It's a classic.

Going to start on Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell tonight. Ah I might just watch Big Brother instead.

Read a good bit of "Pulp" by Charles Bukowski. Much funnier then I thought it would be. Expected something exclusively hardboiled from it.

I have just started Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I'm about a hundred pages into it and so far the plot has good momentum, characters very well drawn and it is peppered with plenty of morality - it's quite a long book but I think it will be worth the effort.

several pages of "Until I find you" by John Irving and several chapters of "The killing Kind" by John Connolly.

started reading The Road on the bus home from work this evening & finished it there about 10 minutes ago. Fucking incredible.

Yup...thoroughly enjoyed it myself. Ditto No Country For Old Men.

I struggled with the Border Trilogy but got there in the end. worth the perseverence once I got used to his sparse, muscular prose style.

An American giant.

struggled with the Border Trilogy but got there in the end. worth the perseverence once I got used to his sparse, muscular prose style.

An American giant.

Found the Border Trilogy very hard work so didnt finish it, I equally lost interest in Blood Meridian towards the end. I think that classifies me as not being especially partial to Cormac McCarthy, though I did enjoy The Road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back