What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (3 Viewers)

CHA6037b.gif

Pretty decent collection of 'Cthulhu mythos' stories by Robert Bloch. I particalary liked the 2 stories he wrote in the Haunter in the Dark Series. (Basically, Bloch wrote a story where an Author (obviously Lovecraft) is killed by a other worldly creature then Lovecraft responded with HITD with an starring an author based on Bloch. Years later, Bloch wrote 'The SHadow of the Steeple' another sequal this time with a 'real life' Lovecraft being mention and a character based on Fritz Leiber...

This? I've been meaning to read it for ages

The_Good_Man_Jesus_and_the_Scoundrel_Christ-65180.jpg

and I know how much Jonah hearts Philip Pullman

Why is it shite? he's generally a good author, albeit a bit* self-congratulatory. Right, we ain't doing that book because, one again, Shaney disapproves.

* a lot

Oh by all means read it for the book club. I will weigh in with some negative comments. I thought it was pointless and I didn't enjoy the way he wrote it but I forget what exactly it was that I didn't like now. I think it was the biblical style he used - jesus did this, then he did that. then mary went shopping, christ met the sinister man who said more troublemaking stuff. Its very short, it will only take an hour or two to read it.

I've never read anything else of his. That trilogy that was made into films - i wouldnt mind reading that some time.

No, you shouldn't read them. I want you to stay away from stuff I like.

oh, by calling St. Fechin evasive I was referring to your refusal to tell me what your job was in the I want to go home thread

I'd rather drive blunt screws into my own neck that read that pullman book and well you know it I is John!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back