wham bars and banshee bones (1 Viewer)

They were vile indeed. After the initial sugar rush, the come-down would be awful. And having blisters on the roof of your mouth and the feeling of no tooth enamel left just added to the misery....

......but they were only 10p!!

Whoppa bars - I'd forgotten about them. The mint one was like eating a tube of toothpaste - only a toothpaste made completely of sugar.

How I came out of it all with just a couple of fillings I'll never know.

eeuugghh - those frosties were vile.i can feel them rotting my teeth as i think about them!
also there was those Whoppa bars. there was coke flavour and mint mouthwash/toothpaste flavour.
Woppas were only 5p each! Ah, the days when you could go to the shop with 50p and buy looooooooooads of stuff. Two packets of crisps, a macaroon bar, a drumstick lolly, penny sweets, two woppa bars...

I offset the damage by drinking litres of milk everyday. How my stomach survived I'll never know...

yeah, they were bendy too. if the shop was warm enough they'd be soft enough to roll up and you you could pop the whole thing into your mouth for a good chew. i dont think i'd like one now either

those dolphin shaped marshmallow things were really nice too

they were quality!
i remember the local shop near the school used to jammed out the door with young kids in the morning buying sweets for breakfast and lunch! disgusting stuff.

for a while they had these HUGE wafers with white chocloate in the middle. ridiculously big like.most fellas i knew had one for breakfast along with a few packs of crisps, some really cheap tomato ketchup flavour variety.

i think my favourite were postman pat sweets.

When i was 4 my gran used to send me in next door to the shop to get her a pack of silk cut blue. she used to also give me 10p. so used i to get a thing called a big bar (which was quite small actually) in white or dark chocolate and 5 penny sweets.

When i was 4 my gran used to send me in next door to the shop to get her a pack of silk cut blue. she used to also give me 10p. so used i to get a thing called a big bar (which was quite small actually) in white or dark chocolate and 5 penny sweets.

Big Bars - were they the chocolate covered toffee bars? You'd bite into it and shards of toffee would break off. Or am I thinking of something else (Big Time Bars)??

Big Bars - were they the chocolate covered toffee bars? You'd bite into it and shards of toffee would break off. Or am I thinking of something else (Big Time Bars)??

Those were Big Time bars.

There was a "shop" across the road from my secondary school run by these old ladies, they mostly just sold milk, bread and sweets. A request for 20 penny sweets would result in a large plastic bag full of black jacks, apple jacks, fruit salad and these other long fruity sweets, literally a big handful of each - one friend got over 140 sweets for 20p. The school banned sweets with wrappers because of the litter so the shop ended up closing down.

the toffee one was one of the varities i think. i was probably only given the soft chocolate one thou as i was 4

you can get banshee bones and ghosties no less in a petrol station in cherry orchard in ballyfermot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back