Wexicans (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
OFF TOPIC:

lmd64 said:
The unfortunate redneck feckers living down the country have for years had to pay private bin collectors contracted by the local authorities. That, on top of having to live like a muck savage, is a hard cross to bear.

pete said:
Whatever about the simple folk of the land, I've never had to directly pay someone to have my bins collected before.

egg_ said:
...when the culshies are already paying for their own binmen

Interesting.

RESUME TOPIC

I think i'm the only Dub (sorry - "jackeeeen") out of the three.

Very sorry if i offended any of our indoor-toilet challenged friends from the country.

No, really.

I'm a culshie - born and grew up in Wexford

(that's a culshie in Dublin parlance ... in Wexford I'm from too close to the town for the real culshies to consider me one of their own, whereas to the townies I'm from way out in the sticks and therefore a dyed-in-the-wool muck savage)

Have I said all this before? I've a feeling I've been coming here so long I'm repeating myself nearly as often as I do in real life ...

I've been infected by bog after spending a chapter of my life in the muddy fields of Maynooth.

Did anyone else think this thread was about ugly women turning militant?

pete said:
I think i'm the only Dub (sorry - "jackeeeen") out of the three.

Very sorry if i offended any of our indoor-toilet challenged friends from the country.

No, really.
I'm not a bleedin' culchie!!!!

Just cos i happen to like chewing straw and giving strangers crooked gap-toothed smiles while playing something really quick and jangly on a battered old banjo, pausing every now and then to kick the pig at my feet sending it off squealing under the tractor, doesn't mean i'm a culchie.

egg_ said:
What a deadly name! Man, Stoat could very well be called The Wexicans if we had thunk of that all those years ago

Can't take credit for it...I have a mate in Waterford who often talks about his trips down Wexico way.

Wexford town...easily the biggest haimes of a town for driving around...nice place otherwise though.

Split this from the Bintifada thread, which is now on the Politics board.

And it's "culChies" for chrisssakes...

I`d rather the country - better air - better scenery and less scumbags.The people are nicer in general.
Cities suck.
They`re only good for keeping the corporate machine at full throttle.Am i right?

Culchie comes from the word coillte, as in Coillte Mach, or Kiltimagh. So I reckon culshie or quelshie would do the job just as well.

Thus, the only true culchies are from Kiltimagh. The further you get from there, the less of a culchie you are, they say. And "they" know.

Rimbaud said:
I`d rather the country - better air - better scenery and less scumbags.The people are nicer in general.

I was regularly set upon by very huge inbred muck savages, or scumbag gypsys in my four years in Athlone. There was one incident where I really thought it was go to end up in hospital. A country nightclub at closing time on a friday can be a terrifying place.

I like the country lots, and I'd love to live there again, but there its a bit little house on the prarie to ignore quiet a violent element that exsits down there.

Yea - well country pubs/nightclubs are a different story all right.
I don`t go to them that much - stick to the old mans pubs for your pints and you can`t go wrong - they stay open late anyways.
Those nightclubs are usually full of (way too drunk) assholes anyway - too much random punches being thrown from my experiance.
One rule to stick by - do NOT take a girl into them clubs if she`s not from around them parts.
Country is cool after that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back