Were baby monitors designed to drive parents insane? (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz<wah wah>bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I need one downstairs because I'm half deaf and have the telly too loud so I'd never hear him otherwise. Don't have it upstairs as we've open glass bits above the doors for ventilation so you can generally hear him, although HMD has to give me a dig occasionally when it's my turn to get up.

But it drives me bonkers. I have to have it turned down to minimum and facing away from me. Otherwise it's like having Darth Vader at my shoulder.

We had HMB in our room for eight and a half months because we didn't want to get out of bed if he woke up. I went to the doctor abut a respiratory infection and he said I was also fucked up tired and recommended we put HMB in his own room as I was on red alert all the time sleeping beside him and wasn't sleeping heavily.
We kept the monitor beside the bed for a few days but it made it worse, I couldn't sleep at all for the Darth Vader noise.

Long post, but the message is: you'll hear him if he's bawling, no matter where you are, turn the monitor off.

I don't believe in 'em.It's just another way to get cash from that most easily suckered punter-the new parent.
As far as I know people have been successfully rearing youths for a lot longer than the length of time monitors were on the scene.

And that Gina fucking Ford,HAS'NT GOT ANY KIDS?!WTF?

And Diddles kinda hit the nail on the head.If yer new baby or whatever is upstairs crashed out,you should be throwing yer eye over it from time to time,to make sure he's right.If the nipper wakes up and starts wailing,sure you'll catch it when your just doin' yer parental duties.

God Forbid the child might be fucking winging for a few minutes before you sus it.Big deal.

Thats just my opinion btw.

I wouldn't mind but its our second monitor. The first one kept picking up interference and we never heard the boy and it would take an hour to calm him down.
This second one, yeah yo can hear him but underneath all the cackle that gives me a headache.

Thing is, you CAN"T hear him without it. Its an old building and the walls are brick. I'd love to just turn it off and keep an ear out.

plug two monitors into your sockets and face them towards one another. Pull away from one another and back again... Like when you're playing with polarities on magnets. our old ones would give this lovely soft "wommbbbbwommbbbwommbbb" feedback that kept me occupied for hours while Sionnach would be asleep...

I did this by accident. I sounded like a Jesus & Mary Chain tribute band.

Thomas has been in his own room for the past few weeks so we've been using these monitors - I think you can actually hear what he's thinking through the static. Maybe we should get him one of those blootooth ear clip things.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz<wah wah>bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchcchchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhchchchchchchczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchchchchchcchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

is ike playing funk already?

We used a baby monitor for about a week when babs was born. It did indeed drive me mad. If she wakes up I wake up, I think i have programmed myself to wake on her first little yelp (unless of course Ive had a feed of booze and then its the third or fourth yelp).

She moved into her own room at 6 months there have been no problems. I think that baby monitors are made to make already stressed new parents even more stressed.
Like those things that you get that change colour when the baby's room goes too cold ffs if baby feels cold put another blanket on them, if baby feels warm take blanket off.

404_1.jpg

you can turn the volume down on the monitor and you 'll see the light go if there's crying.

Did on the old one (the interference kept it in the red), the new one doesn't have a light. I cheaped out this time.

No way am I forking out for a third baby monitor!

Honestly, for a week there when we were between monitors I ran a microphone into the boys room from my studio upstairs and monitored him using headphones while I worked.

Was the best sound ever, I even ran it through a compressor heh heh heh

Thomas has been in his own room for the past few weeks so we've been using these monitors
Whoa! Good for you dude, we're at 8 and a half months and Heather is still in the bedside cot. She wakes up a few times a night and Niamh doesn't want to have to get out of bed to go and feed her.

You know what? I'm better off not thinking about this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back