Drive Like Jehu to curate ATP (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Post-hardcore titans Drive Like Jehu have been chosen to curate another edition of All Tomorrow’s Parties next year.

The festival will take place at Pontins in Prestatyn, north Wales on April 22-24. The San Diego band will headline the festival, but no other acts have been announced yet.

ATP boss Barry Hogan says: “Jehu were undoubtedly one of my favourite performances at ATP Iceland this summer, and we couldn’t pass up an opportunity to have them curate and headline ATP in what will be one of their first UK performances in over 20 years.”

Limited early bird tickets are available now from the ATP Ticket Store.

The Drive Like Jehu-curated festival comes the weekend after comedian Stewart Lee’s ATP 2.0, which features Sleaford Mods, Boredoms and The Raincoats, and will be the third to take place since ATP ended its holiday camp festivals in 2013.

Middle age tears will be shed!

Tickets booked. Flights getting booked shortly. Saw them in Iceland but am still up for this. As a few people have pointed out, there's potential for Speedo to triple job.

Holy shit The Spits too..among many others..thats some line up

The only one on that line up I'd be really excited about is Diamanda Galas. Someone needs to book a gig with her in Christchurch Cathedral or something while she's over for this.

I'm going to this and looking forward to it though I am unfamiliar with most of the acts. The Kids? The Gits? The Spits? The Shits? The Gimps?

All sound grand to me.

I'm obscenely excited, being the world's most devout Jehu fan. Having the three headline bands is more than enough for me, but the rest of the line up isn't really my thing, at least not in such a huge dose.

That said, somebody somewhere on the internet said there are still a few mind blowing acts to come.

I hope it's selling well though, selling day tickets for the first time ever is a bit odd, and there was a pretty damning article on ATP finances in Private Eye recently.

Incidentally, Sonny Vincent is someone who I imagine would have been playing ATP, having been on Swami and making that record recently with Rocket being his band, but his son, daughter in law and grandson were in an awful gas explosion recently. Sonny has set up a go fund me page to help with their costs, but it looks very bad for all three.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm looking at this thing as 3 nights, 3 deadly headliners and a shitload of support bands some of whom might be good.

It has, and we've cancelled. Can't bear the prospect of giving ATP the rest of the ticket money we owed. Hopefully will catch them in Berlin or Madrid instead, should still see change from the refund.

It has, and we've cancelled. Can't bear the prospect of giving ATP the rest of the ticket money we owed. Hopefully will catch them in Berlin or Madrid instead, should still see change from the refund.

I Hope you do get to see them. ATP really are a beyond a joke at this stage.

ATP-iceland.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back