Weird Fruit Thread (1 Viewer)

frona

I've been getting into persimmoms lately. They're very nice, sweet and bit sort of creamy. Yum! However the leaves smell very strongly of TCP. I've bought two batches of them now and noticed this with both. Is it something that they're spraying on the leaves or is that the actual smell of them?
Persimmon.jpg
They are usually way more ugly than the movie star persimmom above there too.

Anyone know any other wierd fruits for me to try? Dunnes seem to sell some of the more unusual stuff.

Nashi pears are mad yokes. Is it an apple? Is it a pear? Whatever, it's some kind of weird fucking mutant and thus we must eat them out of existence as soon as possible.

Nashi_pear.jpg

That's very pretty! I want one!!

Has anyone had dragon fruit? With a name that cool it's gotta be yum.

Stay away from the Durian, whatever you do. BLECH.

Re: My thread about fragrant pears: FRAGRANT PEARS. Delish. Not really 'weird' but a little bit unusual, and a lot amazing.

I haven't tried dragonfruit, but they sure are purty to look at. I've heard they're not particularly exciting to taste, though. Very expensive, too.

I don't think I've ever had a persimmon.

That's very pretty! I want one!!

Has anyone had dragon fruit? With a name that cool it's gotta be yum.

Ripe dragon fruit is really nice. It has a very subtle flavour but I like it a lot.

I believe I already registered my love of pomello somewhere else on this board but it is worth restating. I :heart: pomello.

Ive eaten one of those before, we used to sell strawberies to this market guy in dublin and he used to give us all of these free fruit the whole time. They cleanse your palate or somehthing! Deadly.

puni_08.jpg

Pomegranates mightnt seem that weird to people here, cosmopolitan lot that you are

The first and come to think of it only time i tried one was up a mountain in Rhodes in a village we stopped in on our mopeds. There was a tree growing by the pub and when I asked what ithat weird looking fruit was was the friendly barman picked one and gave me it to try

It was ...weird ...too full of pips to really enjoy

But anyway- i got to ride a moped in the sun so

pomegranates rule

heard a lot of hype about durian, it was like slimy custard when i actually tried it
had some odd fruit in vanuatu, a bit like an apple but paler, oblong and crunchier/watery. don't know the name of it
taro is pretty grim stuff, not fruit though...it's like potato if potato wasn't tasty

Anyone for some Durian?
The outside of it smells of nappy.

a%20durian.jpg

And the texture of the inside is somewhat like you would imagine the contents of a nappy to feel like.

It tastes ok, but the combination of the smell and the texture make it a fruit you eat for a dare in my mind.

Durian is my favourite fruit.
Twenty blips a kilo though. Ouch.

Granadilla's are great.
They're like passionfruit but less sour, more sweet
and incased in a fluffy, bread-like exterior which is
itself inside a yellow shell.

grenadilla.jpg

Rapid.

ah. I've had those. nice. someone gave me a bag of them on
my holidays. I thought they were passion fruits. evidently not!

tamarillos are nice too. well, that is if you don't just bite into
the skin like I did. like a tomato except less ambiguous, i.e:
sweeter and fruitier.

Tamarillos.jpg

Anyone ever have Dragon Fruit?

dragon_fruit_cut_open-dsc08417.jpg
dragon-fruit-3.jpg

I've seen 'em in a few supermarkets, but I'm afraid to buy one without having any idea what they're like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back