Wedding Thread (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 164
  • Views 14K
  • Watchers 7
are wedding favours the sweets in the box?
One recent wedding i know of had those love heart sweets in little see through bags..i imagine they would be cheap enough to do and they were super cute!

are wedding favours the sweets in the box?
One recent wedding i know of had those love heart sweets in little see through bags..i imagine they would be cheap enough to do and they were super cute!

We had lighters on a string for ours. Practical AND stylish.

Jane - we got the bridesmaids some newbridge silver costume jewellery things. Nuffink for the best man (i think we just paid for his hotel room actually).

You don't have to do favours. Only people who have got married in recent years seem to know what they are. They are No.1 on the list of avoidable expenses.

Don't feel guilty about splurging. It's genuinely the one occassion in your life where your wishes trump everyone elses; even the wishes of thumped.

my aunt gave me and the other bridesmaids candle votives. nice, simple, not costly but a good present all the same.

- and even though they divorced the fuck out of each other a few years later, the candle in the votive still burns brightly.!ironyyy

What'll be your first dance Jane?

Is it bad to tell? I don't know if it's bad to give it away, but it would come as no surprise if I said it was Bruce.

The only thing is it's really long, so we're gonna have to do that thing where we ask people to rescue us from humiliation after the first minute or so.

What was everyone else's first dance? Is it common to choose snappy numbers or did most people choose to, like, slow dance?

Is it bad to tell? I don't know if it's bad to give it away, but it would come as no surprise if I said it was Bruce.

You should, like,totally prepare an elaborate dance routine to go along with it like those people on Youtube, Dirty Dancing, Thriller etc

or , on the other hand, you shouldn't

You should, like,totally prepare an elaborate dance routine to go along with it like those people on Youtube, Dirty Dancing, Thriller etc

or , on the other hand, you shouldn't

If by 'elaborate dance routine' you mean lots of bumping into each other and then Mr Jane attempts to dip me, but drops me on my bum bum, then -- score!

Apparently people are going to lessons for their first dance, and they keep it this really big secret. My friend was doing an article on 'first dances' and she couldn't get that many people who were willing to talk, even to admit they went to lessons. Fucking hell. It's a boogie! I figure we'll be so giddy we'll be dancing most of the day anyway.

Couples should sing the first dance song to each other..."Toniiight i celebrate my loooove for you..."as they glide around the floor

Couples should sing the first dance song to each other..."Toniiight i celebrate my loooove for you..."as they glide around the floor

Well, we *are* doing a 45-minute medley of our favourite romantic love songs. And instead of a DJ, we're going to record it live and just have it playing on a loop for the rest of the night. People will love it! OMG!

i've a wedding to go to - in LA - in august. aer lingus are quoting €970 return.
fuck.

Is that EACH? Or for both of you? That's crazy money. do you absolutely have to go? Can you visit them at a more reasonably-priced time of year, when you'll at least get to spend some one-on-one time with them?

considering one of us (not me) is a bridesmaid, that will be a hard sell.
same price on all other airlines checked so far.
price is each, btw.

considering one of us (not me) is a bridesmaid, that will be a hard sell.
same price on all other airlines checked so far.
price is each, btw.

Depending on the bridesmaid's relationship to the couple, are they or anyone in the family in a position to help you guys get there? It's not the sort of thing you can come out and ask, but to be honest, it really is a lot for them to ask of you guys. I think that if you want someone to be in your bridal party and it's going to be a struggle for them to get there and pay for everything, it's your responsibility to make it as easy as possible for them.

I invited someone from LA, and we're putting her up (either at our house or at a friend's house), and if she hadn't got a cheap flight (which she did because her ma is a travel agent), I was going to spend some of the wedding money to help with her plane ticket because I didn't want money to be a barrier -- she really wants to come, I really want her here. I think this sort of thing is actually relatively common in the US, only there's no easy way to bring up the issue with the couple. Pretty much everyone who needed a bit of help financially but really wanted to come is getting help with it, even if it's just a place to sleep while they're here (because it can save them like 500 quid without being a handout, which a lot of people don't like). I think that's important to a lot of people, but sometimes they don't think of it right away unless they have a particularl big contingent of guests coming from abroad.

I would wait a while to see how the prices change, though. It's still really far in advance for flights. They may go down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back