website 4 u- 20 euro for everything (1 Viewer)

dill90

hi im a computer scientist student and just wanted to offer my services at discount prices. Ill make a website tailored to your needs all for 20 euro. if interested let me know

hi im a computer scientist student and just wanted to offer my services at discount prices. Ill make a website tailored to your needs all for 20 euro. if interested let me know

hi dill90, this sounds great. i'd like a website based around a content management system with integrated blog platform, shopping cart functionality and ad manager (along with the standard pages of content deeper into the site), which work on all modern browsers, be the first result when anyone googles my name, have separate stylesheets (for different media types), be bilingual, and have support for multi-author contributions. i'd like to be able to show locally-hosted flash video, as well as include photos, video and audio from social networks and external sites, and have automated spam blocking for comments. oh yeah, there'll be comments. and a forum. and a chatroom. twenty quid, yeah?

hey tom
don't shoot yourself in the foot - this dill guy might be the CONTACT YOU NEED!

based on his other 2 posts to thumped and this one here, you can see that not only is he a computer scientist student, but he is also a sound engineer ('looking to make a serious band'), has eight years of playing guitar (with 'over 200 basic ideas for songs'), AND works with a record label.

I hate bullying in all its forms.

Unless its funny.

When one person questions another it's so not bullying. Bullying is only (I believe) when a number of people gang up on one person. Accusing someone of bullying just when making a perfectly salient point, albiet to show up someone else who is making a ridiculous claim, is being a bit of a shithead. The word bullying gets bandied around far too much in this pc, health and safety obsessed dystopia we find ourselves in.

Unless you mean Tom's question was funny. In which case I take it all back.

Hey man, you're going off topic.

siren.gif

haha. class thread.

I'm genuinely intrigued how someone could make a website for €20 though. I mean, sure, it's possible; anybody with a google account can go to google sites and set up a site for free in literally two minutes flat if they wanted to. if they charged €20 an hour, that gives them a whole 58 minutes in which they could cut and paste all the content and fire up photoshop and bang out a nice logo in comic sans. take about $5 out of the price and you can add a .com. viola. somewhere to present your personal lolcat collection to the world..

ok, I'm being a bit facetious; there is a lot of really cool and genuinely useful stuff out in the web development world that's free and open source, and you can create good sites with them. you want a CMS powered e-commerce site that's easy to administer with SEO friendly urls, mailing list functionality and an API to PayPal or some other online payment system? go ahead and download Joomla!; it's completely free and has a huge gallery of extensions, allowing you to literally plug new functionality into your site. that's just one of a myriad of possibilities...

but... this shit doesn't just set itself up for nothing. and a serious web development project involves a lot more than just setting up a bunch of free software. there tends to be a lot of planning and design involved. it can be laborious and long winded. clients can be difficult and demanding. and the magic word: time. people's time (and expertise) is what really costs money. and this doesn't even cover costs like hosting or domain registration etc.

hence my question, and I'm not dissing you dill90; I'm sure you've got skills and everything, but... how is it even possible to set up a website tailored to the customer's needs for €20? it's actually a pretty masochistic proposition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back