we wuz robbed (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by morgen-vox

'my team loses, oh well better look for a scapegoat'. cause thats what youre doing ye flaky west brit cunt

My scapegoat is you, you pointless cunt.

Originally posted by Gav

Why is saying that someone has a characteristic of another nationality meant as an insult? Do you know there is a difference between "Brit" and "England"? or do you not think anyting at all in your stupid fucking zenephobic head?

in fairness - there is a difference between calling someone a "west brit" and calling someone a brit. anyway - it was a stupid fucking comment from IFF and comment it deserved it from both barrells.

Originally posted by Dan
He should be shot out of a canon straight at a wall. What the hell was he on the pitch for in the first place is what i want to know?

Yeah he had an aweful match. And why the hell did he take the peno. Robbie should give him a few lessons.

Lesson 1:

Let Robbie take your penalties.

But he played well in some of the earlier matches.

hold on. he played well when? were you watching this world cup or did you have isspro on instead.

he is catagorically the worst footballer ever.

mick has to accept soe of the blame for picking him when he was clearly below par. and his par is fairly fucking low to be below. if you get my drift. any of you got a left foot, cos jayses, you'd be in with a shout.

plus he should have know he was going to miss. given how badly he was playing. i know he takes them all the time and he prolly felt that it would boost him up a little, but the look on his face. you knew he wasn't going to do it. he's on a downward trajectory directly opposite to our upward one. when mick started and we were muck, he was one of our best players. .... jayses.

still, this world cup proves we have nothig to fear from europes 'elite'. roll on 2004. i see us winning that denmark stylee.

I'm not saying hes going to win player of the tournament or anything. Just in the group stages he made some good tackles and puts a few good balls in. He should just stay back, hes crap going forwards.

He just didn't raise his game as much as some of the other players.

i think you're thinking of someone else. really. he rarely kicked the ball straight. as for tackles... what?

He's had a couple of okay performances in the past, but when McCarthy started he played him centre of defence a few times when he wasn't getting a game at Leeds. He was even worse then.

But I don't think he lost us the game yesterday.
I still reckon Morrison was a better bet than Connolly who has done fuck all for ages.
Morrison is a hatcher and at least puts the odd one in.

And why, when we were on top in the first period of extra time when we really should have won, did they keep attacking down the left with Kilbane (who had a fucking nightmare) when you have Duff on the other side?

That said, overall, they probably did better yesterday than they had any right to.
It's just frustrating when you know everything like what we do.

Originally posted by old
He's had a couple of okay performances in the past, but when McCarthy started he played him centre of defence a few times when he wasn't getting a game at Leeds. He was even worse then.

But I don't think he lost us the game yesterday.
I still reckon Morrison was a better bet than Connolly who has done fuck all for ages.
Morrison is a hatcher and at least puts the odd one in.

And why, when we were on top in the first period of extra time when we really should have won, did they keep attacking down the left with Kilbane (who had a fucking nightmare) when you have Duff on the other side?

That said, overall, they probably did better yesterday than they had any right to.
It's just frustrating when you know everything like what we do.

harte didn't lose us the game. we didn't actually lose the match....
but, like every goal we've conceded in the last year or so, he was at fault. he should have been helping out kilbane by the touch line, not standing around aimlessly in the box.

i'm suprised that the spaniards didn't go hell for leather at him.

Me too, actually.
I reckon he'd been instructed to go infield for Puyol's long throws.

I feel pretty sorry for Harte. He's drained of confidence after a poor season, made worse by a poor World Cup and McCarthy taking him off after 45 minutes against the Arabs. It was a gutsy, if unwise move to take the first penalty. He seems a bit of a softy. When most of the other squad members were with McCarthy being all staunch, he went to Keane's room to say goodbye to him.

A pretty open world cup, though. I wonder if we'll ever get a better chance to do well? Senegal or Turkey will be in the semis, after all. A dull Germany threatening to steamroll through in a very dull manner.

What difference would Keane have made to our occasionally invisible midfield had he been there?

ah holy shit, seeing as everybody is out for Ian Harte's blood, I can only imagine that the phonix park is the place to go if you want to hurt him. If anybody has this intension could you do me a favour and maybe hurt Louis Walsh a bit and Westlife, and Six.

thanks

Originally posted by old
Me too, actually.
I reckon he'd been instructed to go infield for Puyol's long throws.

I feel pretty sorry for Harte. He's drained of confidence after a poor season, made worse by a poor World Cup and McCarthy taking him off after 45 minutes against the Arabs. It was a gutsy, if unwise move to take the first penalty. He seems a bit of a softy. When most of the other squad members were with McCarthy being all staunch, he went to Keane's room to say goodbye to him.

A pretty open world cup, though. I wonder if we'll ever get a better chance to do well? Senegal or Turkey will be in the semis, after all. A dull Germany threatening to steamroll through in a very dull manner.

What difference would Keane have made to our occasionally invisible midfield had he been there?

what might have been, eh.
up senegal. we can't have the durty turks in the semis. jayses.

Originally posted by old

I've always felt that Keane's abilities weren't really used fully on the Irish team. I always thought it was a matter of time before something was to give. It'd be like if, say, Django Reinhardt found himself playing guitar for I dunno, REM or someone, he'd go nuts (best analogy ever!). Plus Keane overshadowed the two boys Kinsella and Holland, both of whom are strong players I reckon.

But even still, we woulda knocked in a couple more if he'd been there. We may well have topped the group. Germany were mediocre, and Cameroon were pretty shit really.

maybe we're lucky that all our boys play for mediorce clubs that had mediocre seasons. not one of them had to worry about the champions league or selling t-shirts to the koreans. unlike them boys what play for argentina, portugal, france....etc, etc.

there is the argument of whether we would have done as well with Keane there. Without him the remaining players had to try that little bit harder, and in doing so fought like you rarely see an Irish team with Keane in it fighting. Would we have been so determined as a team in the Germany and Spain matches if Keane had have been there?

At the end of the day, all these "what if..." arguments are pretty pointless, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back