we wuz robbed (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by nine
they will occupy themselves by cheering for whomever England are playing, even if it's an al-Qaida Select XI, or maybe Germany.

This is easily that stupidist thing I have ever heard.

Stupid English, trying to start fights left, right and centre.;)

this is too terrible to even contemplate. all we know is that the best teams(s) in the world can't actually win, so we'll have a mediocre winner which ever way you swing. england fit that bill. but if they do, i may consider killing myself. or them.

it could be you

Cambridge United are selling a place in their squad on the internet.

The Division Three club says the highest bidder will get a first team training session, a number 51 shirt and a season ticket.

Spokesman Graham Eales said: "If we get an injury crisis during the season he could be in line for a call-up."

There's a reserve of £801 for the place. Bids have reached £776.

An Italian friend of mine once told me that the government in Italy at one stage spent a lot of it's time trying to figure out how to improve the quality of their football. It was around the time that all the Italian clubs had been knocked out of european competitions and attendances were dropping to just a couple of a thousand.

Is this true Alex?

Originally posted by nine
win final against GERMANY.Beckham becomes King,invades germany and we never,EVER hear the end of it.

!bog :(

That *never hearing the end of it* is a popular argument against them. Sadly it's true of any nation's media if they win the World Cup. My cousin has lived in France since 1995 and has said that they constantly harp on about it.

That article by Rod Liddle was surprising though. He's normally sickeningly right-on.

Before the World Cup I sent around a mail to everyone on my list asking them to name the three teams that they did not want to do well

The results went something like this

1 Saudi Arabia
2 England
3 China

I find the whole Irish hatred of England thing a bit much to take though. I mean it's not exactly consistent now is it?

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
Before the World Cup I sent around a mail to everyone on my list asking them to name the three teams that they did not want to do well

The results went something like this

1 Saudi Arabia
2 England
3 China

I find the whole Irish hatred of England thing a bit much to take though. I mean it's not exactly consistent now is it?

As i said to Mr Liddle in the e-mail i sent him,i don't hate the english.What i did say is that i hate the general media and public attitude when they do well,and when they do bad.Did you see that stuff they printed when they were playing germany?It was fuckin disgusting,and they were supposed to have been harping on about the falklands when they were to play argentina.They have a fickle attitude towards all their players and managers.

Who did the english press blame in 98 for england going out?Beckham,thats who.And they said some awful stuff about him.

But now he's king fucking david!

Originally posted by Hector Grey
this is too terrible to even contemplate. all we know is that the best teams(s) in the world can't actually win, so we'll have a mediocre winner which ever way you swing. england fit that bill. but if they do, i may consider killing myself. or them.

LOL .|..|

Originally posted by quackster

what's inconsistent about it?

I know this has been said before but.....
A lot of Irish people who support English clubs all year round but as soon as they see the same players in an English shirt immediately start cheering for the opposition, no matter who they are. That's inconsistent.

that's a real facile arguement. say you have a tottingham fan and an arsenal fan from london and they hate each other. but then england are playing and they's all buddies again. tottingham fan cheering on sol and all. supporting players they hate.

and given the rather cosmipolitan nature of club football these days....

That Liddle feller was on Newstalk this morning.
He was pretty funny.
At the end the Newstalk bloke said:
That was Ron Liddle, who seemed to be backing off a little on what he wrote in the Guardian. Still... nice to have a Brit on now and again.

I was amused.

Giles takes control

During the coverage of the excruciating Phoenix Park business (thanks to Peter Collins, Joe Duffy and Mrs. Duff's revelation about the Padre Pio medal in wee Damo's sock) there was a classy Bill O'Herlihy moment.
'Haha... Imagine trying to get a bus back in to town with 100,000 people John.... You'd be queueing for ages... ha... and imagine it started raining...' he babbled, with increasing delerium.

'Leave it, Bill. Let them enjoy the day' chastened Giles, taking control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back