we need a good drummer (1 Viewer)

Did you know that the good people at RTE managed to destroy virtually ALL of the Wanderley Wagon episodes? And you know how they did it?

They taped over them.

rothko (11 Dec, 2001 11:28 a.m.):
Jaysus, they must drag out the same lectures every year in Dun Laoghaire coz we had Lambert one year too.

He produced Judge from a mouldy suitcase
and shouted "Hallo Boys and Girls" and everyone just melted and turned into 10 year olds...

Wait, that sounds a bit weird...

I heard that same thing - but, sometime this year i saw some clips shown on something.

Did you know:
the bad guy, the weird wizard with the snake was Father Jack?

He's really come on since...

AND on a totally unrelated note:
My uncle and Pat Kenny were going to enter the eurovision back when they were in college.
They used to sit in my grans house and tinkle on the piano trying to come up with 'that' tune.

Whoop! Just saw that you said 'virtually'. My mistake.

Yep - Frank Kelly. He made his name in the 70s in a show called Hall's Pictorial Weekly, which I've never seen but which people who are older than me and have more hernias say was pretty funny.

Not too sure if I trust them, though. People seemed to think a lot of really stupid crap was funny back then - especially on RTE. (C.f. "Leave It To Mrs. O'Brien" - relentless, hopeless, life-deflating torture.)

That story about your uncle and Pat Kenny is mildly disturbing. To think that Kenny might have become some sort of impressario or showband goon is mollifying, though, in so far as it suggests we might have been spared all this exposure to the self-important automaton himself. That foolish, matt bullet-head on the telly, the interview technique consisting of nothing other than rhetorical, Kenny-centric questions, the pointless barrage of telephone numbers that opens his radio programme - ooh, if only he'd gotten into the Eurovision, he'd probably have disappeared into Reynolds-land like all those others.

I mistrust anyone who looks like they never had a childhood.

Stewart Little (11 Dec, 2001 11:43 a.m.):
I heard that same thing - but, sometime this year i saw some clips shown on something.

Did you know:
the bad guy, the weird wizard with the snake was Father Jack?

He's really come on since...

AND on a totally unrelated note:
My uncle and Pat Kenny were going to enter the eurovision back when they were in college.
They used to sit in my grans house and tinkle on the piano trying to come up with 'that' tune.

Whoop! Just saw that you said 'virtually'. My mistake.

i have that bosco 12" as well. is that the one with 'this is where i live' on it? it has him posing on the front in his stripy vest? i bet if i put it on i'd remember all the words.

I saw Bosco live. In a theatre like.
I can't remember where, but I remember it being a very moving experience.

The 20 minute pyschadellic wig out at the end of Tidy up live is amazing

I don't remember much else

oh except the strong smell of grass from on stage.....

"What do you do on a windy day? Hold your hat so it wont blow away..... eh,da da da da da da la la la la....When you're out on a windy day.

I saw Bosco live in my School. Frank was there too, inviting all the children to "come with me through the magic door".

Was Bosco a Rasta?

Pantone247 (13 Dec, 2001 10:08 a.m.):
I saw Bosco live. In a theatre like.
I can't remember where, but I remember it being a very moving experience.

Just reading that reminded me of going to a live performance of wanderly wagon AND bosco down in the Lambert theatre in salthill with a neighbour. My God.

I remember leaving with an giant plastic pen and an eraser on a string.

Why were all bosco's male friends homosexual?

Why did the tongue twisters ALWAYS stop too early for my liking?

Also, there's nothing cute about violin-playing spiders.

And there's nothing 'magic' about opening a door and going to a milk bottle factory.

I too have a very vague childhood memory of going to see Wanderly Wagon live somewhere in Wexford

Don't really trust it though, cos I've a much more vivid childhood memory of a golf game in Wexford Park, except for it was played like hurling ... one team in red, one in blue, all with matching helmets, the golf sticks flashing in the sunlight. I was there with my Da and even remember that it was a draw and up to then I didn't know what a draw was. Didn't happen, obviously - has made me suspicious of all my other childhood memories

Has anyone got Boscos nuber then?

Sounds like a good oul' plan. Why didn't I think o' that. Bosco. Feckin Genius. That's how many drummers there are in Dublin at the mo? Grey days my fellow gnomes, grey days. Oh what a world. I feel so down, I'm gonna listen to Leonard Cohen for comfort, he knows what I mean

We are Dirty Sanchez, we want drummer

Yep we agreed on a Name, it's Dirty Sanchez, and we wanna practice our namesake move on as many groupies as possible....giv em de oul' Dirty Sanchez ....that's what we'll say to em, and they'll luv it. yep, are ye listening? Drummers.....drummers.....it's gettin dark...is that an echo?

Fuk !

Anne O'Malley (12 Dec, 2001 06:02 p.m.):
Yep - Frank Kelly. He made his name in the 70s in a show called Hall's Pictorial Weekly, which I've never seen but which people who are older than me and have more hernias say was pretty funny.

Frank Kelly released a single way back in the day called 'Christmas Countdown':

Frank Kelly - Christmas Countdown

I think it's pretty funny. But I'm probably older and probably have more hernias than you....

(Now Playing: The Jackson 5 - Frosty The Snowman)

We are Dirty Sanchez, we want drummer

armadillo (17 Dec, 2001 03:19 p.m.):
yep, are ye listening? Drummers.....drummers.....it's gettin dark...is that an echo?

Fuk !

Apparantly Fortycoats plays a mean paradiddle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back