we need a good drummer (1 Viewer)

armadillo

Ello, I'm part of a three piece Dublin band with our own recording studio (Sandycove area) n lots of shit. We really need a good drummer as we have loads of new material. Between the three of us we play guitars, bass, piano, keyboard/synths, and other experimental ma-chines. We are looking to be good jammin unit and write our best stuff from playing alot and havin a grand oul time. Our influences are in no particular order :

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys, Frank Zappa, The Avalanches, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys, Beck, Massive Attack, and a bit of Bob Marley thrown in .... for a good time. Basically we'll try lots of different shit, and wanna have fun doin it, while gigging and gettin baked, meetin groupies blah, blah.. fun stuff

So do it fo yo mamma..

I'm not Dylan Roche....not even warm... but I forgot to mention that we have a drumkit (it's a bit old) but it works. So if you're a poor immigrant who's a great drummer we can still work it out. Damn we're prepared.

Nothin beats playin with a nice pair of bongos though

I'm only replying 'cos I felt sorry for you, what with being influenced by Frank Zappa.

(Har-har!)

armadillo (06 Dec, 2001 03:30 p.m.):
Ello, I'm part of a three piece Dublin band with our own recording studio (Sandycove area) n lots of shit. We really need a good drummer as we have loads of new material. Between the three of us we play guitars, bass, piano, keyboard/synths, and other experimental ma-chines. We are looking to be good jammin unit and write our best stuff from playing alot and havin a grand oul time. Our influences are in no particular order :

The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, Beastie Boys, Frank Zappa, The Avalanches, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys, Beck, Massive Attack, and a bit of Bob Marley thrown in .... for a good time. Basically we'll try lots of different shit, and wanna have fun doin it, while gigging and gettin baked, meetin groupies blah, blah.. fun stuff

So do it fo yo mamma..

What are your influences Anne? you fat bird. Come on tell us ye bin liner
Ah no, I'm sure you've got a lovely personality

Fuck. I missed December 4th, the day my friend and I celebrate the anniversary of Zappa's death.

joss (06 Dec, 2001 05:10 p.m.):
Fuck. I missed December 4th, the day my friend and I celebrate the anniversary of Zappa's death.

Wow. You must've really hated him.

Actually, I can't stand his music meself. What an annoyance it was.

I've never wanted to spit on 2 little jpegs more.

Ignorance is no excuse for ignorance. if you*listened* to his music you'd understand and learn from it.

Considering some of the up-your-arse names that fly around here I can't believe you'd dis a frikkin' genius.

i'm biting my tongue here coz you slagged nearly 50 of my CDs with one sentence.

Yeah. Music for twitchy eyelids.

Mind you, he did name one of his children Dweezil, which was wise (considering the guy turned out to be just that - a dweezil).

Florian Fricked (06 Dec, 2001 05:16 p.m.):
joss (06 Dec, 2001 05:10 p.m.):

Wow. You must've really hated him.

Actually, I can't stand his music meself. What an annoyance it was.

Zappa lives

No wonder there are so many crap bands in Ireland. They don't like the Zappa. Now if everyone peeled open their tiny minds and listened properly then the music scene here would vastly improve. And we wouldn't have to ever be asscociated abroad with Aslan (they give ear cancer), The Cranberries (tit cancer), The Corrs (allover cancer) etc...

Fuckin poops

Stewart Little (06 Dec, 2001 05:25 p.m.):
I've never wanted to spit on 2 little jpegs more.

Ignorance is no excuse for ignorance. if you*listened* to his music you'd understand and learn from it.

Considering some of the up-your-arse names that fly around here I can't believe you'd dis a frikkin' genius.

i'm biting my tongue here coz you slagged nearly 50 of my CDs with one sentence.

Oh come on Stewart. What the hell do you care if I think Frank Zappa's music is an exercise in something that I find thoroughly unintersting? Sure it was original for its time - I recognise that. But I can't stand to hear it. It sounds too busy being a smart-arse for my liking, but that's just me.

And in fairness, ignorance is an excellent excuse for ignorance.

Beefheart, now they were up to some freaky shit.

Speaking of twitchbeat, I heard the Nine Wassies From Bainne CD from 1996 the other day. Pretty disappointing, although not without its hilarities. Does anyone know if they ever released anything better?

rothko (06 Dec, 2001 05:46 p.m.):
Zappa is good but Beefheart is better

Pantone247 (06 Dec, 2001 05:50 p.m.):
a drug adled chum of mine once announced that Zappa was....

"nuthin; but Beefhearts bitch.....huh huh huh huh!!"

What a smart drug addled man he must've been.

If everyone involved in music in Ireland liked Zappa there'd be even fewer tunes than there are already.

But it would certainly be a wacky place.

I play drums and think the sun shines out Zappas arse, but only have 30 odd of his albums. Will that do?

Oh yeah, in two bands already, but if you don't mind I don't mind.

i think all music is shite and worthless. except the theme tune to bosco. now there's a tune you can tap your foot to, 'de de de de de de de de de de de de de de doo doo doo doo doo de de de de de den den den den den den .....' aahhhhhhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back