Moo are looking for a drummer. (1 Viewer)

darrenaflynn

My name is Darren, and I'm with a band called Moo:

www.soundcloud.com/moostories

moodublin (at) gmail.com

www.facebook.com/moostories
www.twitter.com/moostories
www.mooband.com

We are currently looking for a drummer.

We need someone who can be a bit of an all-rounder, groove-wise. What does this mean? Well, ostensibly we're an Americana-based band - meaning we need someone who can play a decent train rhythm, but it doesn't end there! There's a lot of swing in our music - we really like to get the folks up-and-dancing, so the vibe we'd be looking for is overall more New-Orleans than Texas shuffle. Alongside that, a fair amount of Latin-American influence in our songs, and we also like to simply rock out a bit too. Lately we've also been thinking about African-rhythms, but that's by the by. The main thing is we're looking for a drummer with a nice touch who can swing.

A little bit of background:
We've been together for more or less four years. We're based in Dublin. The core of the band is a trio (bass, drums, guitar - up until now all have been vocalists, but we're not making that compulsory for the new drummer). The guitarist and I (bassist) are full time at this - this is our career. We've both given up other jobs over the last year-and-a-half to work at it. So we're looking for a drummer who is able to devote as much time and energy into it as we do (of course, we do cover and session gigs to keep the wolf from the door, but you catch my drift).

So far we've released 1 album and 1 EP. We have gigged a lot (more details in a later paragraph) and we work as already stated very hard at the band - within the next six months we plan to play outside Ireland again, and we are working solidly on the next album. At the same time, we're also looking to bring in another member to develop the sound further.

We have our own rehearsal/recording studio, and a good engineer who works with us. Not Abbey Road, but decent. If you check out our recordings (on Soundcloud) you can hear the results we get.

Gigs we've played:
Well, we played the Salty Dog at this year's Electric Picnic, last year we played Hard Working Class Heros (not this year, as we knew we were going to be changing drummer around this time), we had a regular spot in Whelans for over a year, and we gig regularly all over the country - places like DeBarra's in Clonakilty (one of our favourites!), Crane Lane in Cork, The Townhouse in Galway etc etc. We've also gigged abroad a bit, and one of our firm targets for next year is to do a tour in Italy (we ultimately want our main touring areas to be in Europe, not just in Ireland).

The reason we're parting company with our current drummer is that he has to give up playing so much due to family and work commitments - which is a pity, but it gives us the opportunity to shake things up a bit, I suppose!

So, if there are any of you good drumming folk out there who would like to have a chat with us, please contact us on:

moodublin (at) gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Darren.

PS
I say this as a matter of course, but we'll need whoever we get to be able to work to a click when we're recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back