we need a good drummer (1 Viewer)

joss (06 Dec, 2001 05:10 p.m.):
Fuck. I missed December 4th, the day my friend and I celebrate the anniversary of Zappa's death.

wow joss, you missed the entire day of december 4th? where were you man... ?

rothko (06 Dec, 2001 05:46 p.m.):
Zappa is good but Beefheart is better

Bread is great, but Les Ferdinand is better.
Footballs are round, but humans can have picnics.
Etc.
See where comparisons get you ? There is no comparsion with Beefheart. No better or worse, just pointless comparing them.

For the rekkid, I think Some of Zappa's stuff with the Mothers is great - "We're only in it for the Money", "Absolutely Free", some of "Freak Out", I haven't heard much of his later stuff but I really liked a lot of "Sheik Yerbouti" because it was so funny.
Oh yeah, "Gumbo Variations" on "Hot Rats" rocks.

Get the hell out of my band.

cyclotron (07 Dec, 2001 02:47 p.m.):
rothko (06 Dec, 2001 05:46 p.m.):
Zappa is good but Beefheart is better

Bread is great, but Les Ferdinand is better.
Footballs are round, but humans can have picnics.
Etc.
See where comparisons get you ? There is no comparsion with Beefheart. No better or worse, just pointless comparing them.

For the rekkid, I think Some of Zappa's stuff with the Mothers is great - "We're only in it for the Money", "Absolutely Free", some of "Freak Out", I haven't heard much of his later stuff but I really liked a lot of "Sheik Yerbouti" because it was so funny.
Oh yeah, "Gumbo Variations" on "Hot Rats" rocks.

we STILL need a good drummer

Alright gimps, Look, I still need a feckin drummer, so shut the feck up about Frank Zappa. You can't touch him. So Stop. That's the end of it. Now, I think we should have a black drummer, and a latino Bongo drummer, so if there's any out there, sure give us a shout, that would be just fantastic. We'd be like the UN in band form. Alrighty then...

we STILL need a good drummer

armadillo (07 Dec, 2001 04:00 p.m.):
Alright gimps, Look, I still need a feckin drummer, so shut the feck up about Frank Zappa. You can't touch him. So Stop. That's the end of it. Now, I think we should have a black drummer, and a latino Bongo drummer, so if there's any out there, sure give us a shout, that would be just fantastic. We'd be like the UN in band form. Alrighty then...

Have you tried "Rentablack" ? Or "Ethnic personnel" ?

hag (06 Dec, 2001 07:01 p.m.):
i think all music is shite and worthless. except the theme tune to bosco. now there's a tune you can tap your foot to, 'de de de de de de de de de de de de de de doo doo doo doo doo de de de de de den den den den den den .....' aahhhhhhhh.

wow
one of the first records i ever had was a bosco 12".
it had that classic theme tune on it. brilliant.
plus the equally brilliant 'Ronnie the Rhino'.
and the deeply confessional 'Food, Food, Food', where Bosco revealed that he liked spinach, toffee, tea AND cake.

altogether now
"food, food, food!
fills you up when it's chewed"

do i look fat in this cockring? take the emphasis off the cockring and you've got a funny joke/signature.

so, what will it take to get a copy of the bosco record? i'd really really like to get a copy of it. really.

you look fat either way, hag

me, on the other hand...

i'll try find that record. i think its in the attic. i'll tape it for ya no problem if i do.

i've been meanin to get it down for ages.

hag = fat in russian, there's no point in fighting it. hey, i'm the fattest guy in town, but proud.

if you get that for me, i'll ... eh ... get you back or something.

no regards,
(can you believe the guy actually said that? *no* regards. :D shit, better not say too much or anne o'maley, taste nazi, will give out. SKETCH!!!)
fatty.

i'll do my best.
i have a sneaky feeling it may have been the victim of the Great Parents Vinyl Dumping of '92.
bastards.

and anyway, shouldn't yr signature read 'I only feel love'.

y'know, take the emphasis off you *feeling* stuff.
feeler.
that's the feeling position you're in, that is

Au contraire. Bosco's fair dinkum in this Nazi's book (entitled "Mein Taste" and published by Turd Reich Books, admittedly).

Does anyone know who did the voice for Bosco? Christ, now there's something to get angry about. It was clearly one of those grown-up-woman-pretending-to-be-a-weird-kid type arrangements.

hag (10 Dec, 2001 05:02 p.m.):
hag = fat in russian, there's no point in fighting it. hey, i'm the fattest guy in town, but proud.

if you get that for me, i'll ... eh ... get you back or something.

no regards,
(can you believe the guy actually said that? *no* regards. :D shit, better not say too much or anne o'maley, taste nazi, will give out. SKETCH!!!)
fatty.

Why dont you get Bosco to be your drummer? He(She?)is not doing anything at the minute and would be available for Wedding/Retirement functions immediatley. Plus, an added bonus would be that you would get permission to cover such classics as " A Wonderful,Silvery,Slimey,Slobberly,Slipperly Snail". On a more serious note, Díneen the dinosaur was bollox.

Full marks for aural observation: it was Pauline Lambert, daughter of Eugene, Ireland's Puppet Master.

Saw Eugene Lambert give a lecture once, & I'm telling you: those little wooden fuck-ups were coming alive in his hands.

At one point (I will gladly SWEAR to this) there were 2 voices at once while Puppet & Master had a fight.

Creepy.

Tha Lamberts. Of course. I should have known their deadly dynasty was pulling the strings behind that cube-dwelling creep.

Mind you, Eugene Lambert gave us the voices for Wanderley Wagon, including the great Judge. Not much wrong with Judge in my book.

Stewart Little (11 Dec, 2001 09:50 a.m.):
Full marks for aural observation: it was Pauline Lambert, daughter of Eugene, Ireland's Puppet Master.

Saw Eugene Lambert give a lecture once, & I'm telling you: those little wooden fuck-ups were coming alive in his hands.

At one point (I will gladly SWEAR to this) there were 2 voices at once while Puppet & Master had a fight.

Creepy.

Jaysus, they must drag out the same lectures every year in Dun Laoghaire coz we had Lambert one year too.

He produced Judge from a mouldy suitcase
and shouted "Hallo Boys and Girls" and everyone just melted and turned into 10 year olds...

Wait, that sounds a bit weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back