WAVVES (Usa, Woodsist/ De Stijl) + Dublin Duck Dispensary + Weil Rats - Wed 11th Feb (1 Viewer)

Re: WAVVES (Usa, Woodsist/ De Stijl) + Dublin Duck Dispensary + Weil Rats - Wed 11th

packed.

WR - great, noise and shouting and some solos.
DDD - about 100 times better than the last time i saw them, where they were really awful.
WVVS - great, big and loud for a 2 piece, just played the same song over and over.

Re: WAVVES (Usa, Woodsist/ De Stijl) + Dublin Duck Dispensary + Weil Rats - Wed 11th

packed.

WR - great, noise and shouting and some solos.
DDD - about 100 times better than the last time i saw them, where they were really awful.
WVVS - great, big and loud for a 2 piece, just played the same song over and over.

That's what I was afraid of... and if it was packed I would have freaked out. I don't feel so bad for not going and getting de-reped.

blank dogs and woods are "fucking amazing" alright, dont really know nodzz or gary war..
that "total stinkbox of a lower west side loft" that is the market hotel is a cool venue

I think they were actually referring to Less Artists More Condos. The Market Hotel is in Brooklyn.

made it mad late to this but the last four songs of WAVVES were deadly

the album is good fun too, though as Dutchy points out it's the same song over and over, but when it's that good a song...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh

missed The Rats again, not cool

HWCH? First show, soz! Cool, and all i had to do was swap my mic for a telephone!

that Rear House album is the best thing of last year

great cool sounds off it and the song writing is pretty exceptional

At Rear House is brilliant, i love the recording.
they're pretty much the same dudes who are in Meneguar, yeah?

i enjoyed Wavves but i think i preferred Dublin Duck Dispensary's set.

i heard you had put the band on a MC5/Dexy's-style strict fitness regime?
Not for any reason other than love. And sexual perversion. I don't even know what squat thrusts are, I just assume the worst.

yes! woods are the bidness.
[obscure knobend]favorite is that tour cassette 'some shame'[/obscure knobend]

At Rear House is brilliant, i love the recording.
they're pretty much the same dudes who are in Meneguar, yeah?

i enjoyed Wavves but i think i preferred Dublin Duck Dispensary's set.

This was a pretty good wed nite out.

Weil Rats destroyed all!! Hopefully see a lot more of these guys in action.

DDD were good, I thought their set was a bit ropey tho, like it didn't quite come together the way it should have or something? Could have done with varying the vocals a bit too.

Wavves were very enjoyable but probably something I wouldn't listen to too much outside of a live setting.

Wavves was totally awesome. TOTALLY. I really like that song that goes wooowoooowooooowoowowowowowooooooo.|..| and lasts for 35 minutes.
But seriously though. Awesome.

"totally saw wavves twice this weekend. i hope he starts touring with something other than a two piece. was okay, but not totally awesome. all the other bands (gary war, blank dogs, nodzz, woods) were fucking amazing and made being in a total stinkbox of a lower west side loft with 200 bandanabeards totally okay."
Saw Blank Dogs last weekend supporting Black Dice, and they were indeed fantastic. The CD i bought rips-off Joy Division a bit too much for my liking, but as a live (six piece I think it was) band, they were awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back