Water Charges (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

derek mooney just asked a co-worker who spent the morning artificially inseminating a heifer "do you ever keep your hand in yourself?" (in farming, which is her family background)

I was there all day, I dunno who chose the location (either Right2Water or the Gardai) but they clearly didn't expect the amount of people that turned up. The main channel was two sides of Merrion Square that got jammed by like 1:15pm.

There was a huge march that came from the Garden of Remembrance and easily only half of it made it on to Merrion Sq. It stretched the whole way down Bagot St to the side entrance of Trinity. That whole section was easily another 5-10k people and they're the ones who turned back and went to the GPO and brought town to a standstill.

The decision to barricade off Kildare and Molesworth Street was really what caused the problems, it seemed the main march assumed they could go up Kildare St toward the Square and was stuck at the Baggot St junction for ages. When I left around 5pm there was still a sizeable contingent at the barricades demaing to make their way to Leinster House.

As for total crowds I'd say it was 50/60k. Def not 100k like Right2Water were saying but also def not 20k like the Gardai and RTE were reporting, it was too packed to be that low. The fracturing of the crowds didn't help the "mass" of it.

I was there all day, I dunno who chose the location (either Right2Water or the Gardai) but they clearly didn't expect the amount of people that turned up. The main channel was two sides of Merrion Square that got jammed by like 1:15pm.

There was a huge march that came from the Garden of Remembrance and easily only half of it made it on to Merrion Sq. It stretched the whole way down Bagot St to the side entrance of Trinity. That whole section was easily another 5-10k people and they're the ones who turned back and went to the GPO and brought town to a standstill.

The decision to barricade off Kildare and Molesworth Street was really what caused the problems, it seemed the main march assumed they could go up Kildare St toward the Square and was stuck at the Baggot St junction for ages. When I left around 5pm there was still a sizeable contingent at the barricades demaing to make their way to Leinster House.

Was it a good vibe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back