Water Charges (1 Viewer)

I watched all the tribunals. Lowry seemed to be the exception to the rule that it was all Fianna Fail guys up there.
I mean you could name a football team of FF cabinet ministers that took money, and it was right the way down through the planning tribunal.
From Haughey to Bertie to Lawlor to P Flynn to McSharry to fucking you name it.
Almost wholly Fianna Fail. It was part of who they were.
There was certainly the odd FG guy in there on the planning side, but it was a FF show.
FG are not above stuffing boards and all that chicanery, but they're generally not a backhander crowd. Which is as faint praise as I can give them.

FF were the ones who were mostly in power during that period though. I'd wager that had FG lads been the ones who were worth bribing they'd have been up to their necks in it too.

I watched all the tribunals. Lowry seemed to be the exception to the rule that it was all Fianna Fail guys up there.
I mean you could name a football team of FF cabinet ministers that took money, and it was right the way down through the planning tribunal.
From Haughey to Bertie to Lawlor to P Flynn to McSharry to fucking you name it.
Almost wholly Fianna Fail. It was part of who they were.
There was certainly the odd FG guy in there on the planning side, but it was a FF show.
FG are not above stuffing boards and all that chicanery, but they're generally not a backhander crowd. Which is as faint praise as I can give them.

Lowry and Denis O'Brien who still seems to be getting a lot of favours from the current Fine Gael government. I can only presume he hasn't changed his ways and there is still money flowing to the people who make decisions to benefit his business interests. Maybe it is less cash in envelopes now but I find that hard to believe.

FF were the ones who were mostly in power during that period though. I'd wager that had FG lads been the ones who were worth bribing they'd have been up to their necks in it too.

Who knows?

I see a puritanical streak in FG though.
It's about the only difference I see in them, to be honest.

Lowry and Denis O'Brien who still seems to be getting a lot of favours from the current Fine Gael government. I can only presume he hasn't changed his ways and there is still money flowing to the people who make decisions to benefit his business interests. Maybe it is less cash in envelopes now but I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, I have no idea.
I'd rather not be put in the position on this thread of defending Fine Gael. It is a lonely place to be.

Where I'm coming from is that I watched all the tribunals - with a sense that a lot of the rest of the country were not - and was fucking appalled at what went on. There was much commentary on the tribunals costing too much, not as much that the country had been conned by a gang of spivs.
Then the next election came and the country voted Fianna Fail in again.

It was a disheartening few years there.

Yeah I've read the thread and I'm also sure there's loads of people who vote Fine Gael (or Fine Fail) who also want marriage equality. Maybe I'm wrong but right leaning people aren't necessarily homophobic and don't necessarily vote.

those aren't the newly registered young people though.

those aren't the newly registered young people though.

That remains to be seen. Unfortunately I'm neither newly registered or young any more so wouldn't have a finger on the pulse of young people these days. Capital still wins either way.

Yeah, I have no idea.
I'd rather not be put in the position on this thread of defending Fine Gael. It is a lonely place to be.

Where I'm coming from is that I watched all the tribunals - with a sense that a lot of the rest of the country were not - and was fucking appalled at what went on. There was much commentary on the tribunals costing too much, not as much that the country had been conned by a gang of spivs.
Then the next election came and the country voted Fianna Fail in again.

It was a disheartening few years there.

I think it's as disheartening as ever here now. The level of Cronyism still in place is amazing. DO'B/Irish Water/Fine Gael connections just keep growing and growing.

If I wasn't so nihilistic about such things about probably fuck off out of here too, but everywhere less looks as bad if not worse. Probably better weather in most place though.

The media assault from the pro Irishwater lobby today was pretty extravagant by any standards. They are trying very hard to drive a wedge into the protest movement, playing the city/rural card and playing the violent/non violent card.

I found it half disheartening and half sounding like a cornered animal. Like 'we've given up repackaging this thing, we are going to go childish and see how that goes'.

Watching the cornered animal roll out classic/clichéd responses is almost entertaining (in a narcissistic way).

sinead o'connor hijacking the late late last night was hilarious. Fair fucks to her. Tubridy looked shellshocked.
she really took to it

i loved the way she kept talking over him the way those fuckers always do when someone they don't agree with is trying to make a point

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back