Watchmen movie - plug pulled! (1 Viewer)

Alan Moore adaptations not having the best run lately (League, V, Swamp Thing) so I'd say it's for the best. Watchmen is so much for and about comics and it has an ending that would have execs pulling their hair out. A film wouldn't/couldn't do it justice.

Sorry to disappoint you Ball*istic but the plug has been replugged in for Watchmen.

I just hope its not shit

at the risk of sounding a bit negative Id say it'll suck donkey balls

Max Headroom/Matt Frewer/Moloch

good bit of casting

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/071114e.php

reports that Matt Frewer -- best known as the stuttering, sarcastic, 80's icon Max Headroom -- has joined the cast of the eagerly anticipated "Watchmen" film.

The 49-year-old thesp will suit up as Moloch the Mystic, a satanic super villain and magician. The character is noted for his devilish appearance, which includes elfish, pointed ears.

In the graphic novel, Moloch clashes with famous "masks" like Nite Owl, Ozymandias, and Doctor Manhattan, before giving up his life of crime sometime before the action of the novel begins.

Rehabilitated, the former vice lord moves to New York City, where he lives alone until his murder in 1985. His dead body is discovered by Rorschach, who is framed for Moloch's death.

Frewer is currently filming his scenes. The film is scheduled to open on March 6th 2009.

also

Malin Akerman (upcoming The Heartbreak Kid) as Laurie Juspeczyk aka Silk Spectre
Billy Crudup (The Good Shepherd) as Jon Osterman, aka Dr. Manhattan
Matthew Goode (Match Point) as Adrian Veidt, aka Ozymandias
Jackie Earle Haley (Little Children) as Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (TV’s Grey’s Anatomy) as Edward Blake, aka the Comedian
Patrick Wilson (Little Children) as Dan Dreiberg, aka Nite Owl

Loads of photos up on the site

Nice touches- Gunga Diner- ad for The Black Freighter

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen

WMD-22648_select.jpg

watch-1317_select.jpg

The newspaper sand is fucking spot on. I now officially have high hopes for this.

Here are a few interesting facts about the backlot:
• 5,800 feet of neon requiring 24,000 watts of power
• 100 unique and custom-designed graphics created for the various storefronts
• 5,000 square feet of custom posters
• Street had to work for 1938, 1945, 1953, 1957, 1964, 1974, 1975, 1977, and 1985
• 1,040 feet of 1:1 scale New York streets
• 98,400 square feet of exterior scenery
• 12,500 square feet of interior scenery
• Building heights range from 23'9" to 42'6"
• 10,325 16-foot 2x4s
• 3,600 sheets of OSB (plywood-like construction material)
• 384,000 square feet of foam brick
• 200,000 nails
• 3,500 tubes of construction adhesive
• 160,000 lbs. of steel I-beams support the facades
• 300 cubic meters of concrete
• 6,000 square feet of glass
• 4,800 square feet of plexiglass
• 20,000 donuts were consumed by the construction crew
• 20,000 gallons of water and 3,000 gallons of Gatorade was drunk by the crew
-Zack

They've really nailed the look of that newsstand. Looks great and the attention to detail is amazing. Rorschach looks deadly and with the black parts of the mask being done in CG it'll look amazing.

Tougher to get right will be the other characters costumes. They look great on the page but how will they translate. How will they get around Dr Manhattan's blue willy?

Hopefully it won't be too Austin Powers with various things obscuring it. Not that I want to see it or anything!

Also, I hear that the Black Freighter stuff will only be on the extended DVD and not in the cinema release version. That's a pity, it's one of my favourite parts in the book.

Dave Gibbons visits the set - part 1 of 2:

It's perhaps the most surreal experience of my life.

There they are, in a shadowy clubhouse, standing around a map of the USA, just as we'd imagined them. The smoke of the Comedian's cigar hangs in the air as I drink in the details of the scene. Framed old copies of The New York Gazette tell stories of past exploits; trophies glint in glass-fronted display cases; Moloch's solar weapon shines in a dusty corner and over there, on its mannequin stand, the faded costume of the original Nite Owl keeps silent vigil.

Then, a sudden flash of unearthly blue light announces the arrival of Dr. Manhattan and the tableau comes to life. The voices of quarreling heroes rise and fall, a Zippo flares and the map catches fire.

Somewhere, someone shouts "Cut!"

And I'm standing amongst them. Nite Owl shakes my hand. The Comedian slaps me on the back. Silk Spectre smiles a dazzling greeting. I'm overwhelmed by the depth and detail of what I'm seeing.

But more than that. I'm overwhelmed by the commitment, the passion, the palpable desire to do this right.

I'm starting to feel a glow that eclipses even Dr. Manhattan's...

-Dave Gibbons
December 2007

davegibbons.jpg

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/

yeah

Ozymandias is a bit on the young side though

maybe they'll have older versions too

cant wait to see Dr Manhattans 6 foot mickey

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back