Watchmen movie - plug pulled! (1 Viewer)

wow. i can't believe they finally did it.....
looks authentic, how will they fuck it up, i wonder?

how will they fuck it up, i wonder?

By making a movie of it. Obviously.

I re-read it recently & I just cannot see how this will work as a 90+ minute feature film.
It's dated somewhat-too caught up in 1980s fear of nuclear holocaust. We're all far too PoMO and 'Meh' to give a fig about fingers on buttons.

**************SPOILER*******************

The denoument of ****** catching a ****** is just not conducive to film.

But yes, looking forward to the blue mickey.

I re-read it recently & I just cannot see how this will work as a 90+ minute feature film.
It's dated somewhat-too caught up in 1980s fear of nuclear holocaust. We're all far too PoMO and 'Meh' to give a fig about fingers on buttons.

I agree.

And I think that movies like The Incredibles and Batman Begins have nicked a good few of the themes and ideas that made the original book seem so fresh.

**************SPOILER*******************

The denoument of ****** catching a ****** is just not conducive to film.

But yes, looking forward to the blue mickey.

So, films set in the past can't work just because we don't have the same fears anymore?

It will be difficult to make it into a 2 hour movie but just because it has to be honed down from the original book, doesn't mean it will be rubbish.

So, films set in the past can't work just because we don't have the same fears anymore?

It will be difficult to make it into a 2 hour movie but just because it has to be honed down from the original book, doesn't mean it will be rubbish.

That's not what I'm saying. Watchmen is *about* this fear of USSR v USA, finger on button, nuclear shelters, Ronnie Reagan, hiding under desks etc. It's of it's time...it's far too sprawling, it's relevence has waned & it's impact has been diluted by works influenced by it (as mentioned above).

...and it's far too polemic. Alan Moore likes to get on his high-horse and nobody likes to be preached to (at?)-least of all disaffected teens who you just know are the 'target audience' of the producers.

That's not what I'm saying. Watchmen is *about* this fear of USSR v USA, finger on button, nuclear shelters, Ronnie Reagan, hiding under desks etc. It's of it's time...it's far too sprawling, it's relevence has waned & it's impact has been diluted by works influenced by it (as mentioned above).

...and it's far too polemic. Alan Moore likes to get on his high-horse and nobody likes to be preached to (at?)-least of all disaffected teens who you just know are the 'target audience' of the producers.

You'll go and see it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43692

Exclusive: The First Watchmen Video Journal!
Here is an introduction by Snyder for the clip, which you can watch either by using the player or in High Definition QuickTime!

Here it is, the first of 12 video blogs that we will be releasing during the next year to give you an inside look at the making of Watchmen. We'll launch one every month on the 6th, so keep an eye out for them as they will be premiering on various sites throughout the year. With that said...

mmpic.jpg

richard nixon.

richard nixon.
duh, sorry got distracted before and can't even remember what i was gonna say.

anyway. should be a laugh. you'd think a faithful visual recreation of what was a visual medium to begin with would be an utter waste of time, wouldn't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back