Want a free website for your band? (1 Viewer)

tomodoherty

Afternoon, Thumped.

I'd like to tell you about something I've made.

It's a free minimalist WordPress theme for bands and musicians, called Slates. Go and take a look, there's even a video there of me sounding like Ray Darcy.

If you feel like using it, or telling people about it, I'd be delighted. If you have any questions, let me know.

("Huh? A WordPress theme? What's that?" Maybe start here or here.)

But that's not all. I'd like to spread the word about this, and so I'd like to have a couple more bands or musicians using it. If you'd like to get a website for your band for free, PM me here, email me, or talk to me on that Twitter thing, and let's figure something out. I'll do, say, three or four of them, and then post about them here.

Tom.

Ok, the first of these sites is more-or-less ready to go.

It's lofi pop sensations Squarehead!

This involved collating together various bits of internet: Video, audio, images (both gig poster images and photo galleries), a Twitter feed, a mailing list signup, a list of upcoming gigs, and chunks of links (links to buy their record, links to their profiles on various other sites, links to other stuff).

All combined with a two-column layout with a logo and background taken from the artwork from their upcoming album (am I allowed to say that?)

Add in a Google Analytics and a couple of other bits and bobs and we're done. Sweet!

Looking good, on desktop and on iPhone. So, if you think you might like a similar thang for your music/band/project, let me know.

bwc4y.jpg

R3liD.jpg

Attachments

• ilwhy.jpg
    ilwhy.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 110
  • R3liD.jpg
    R3liD.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 108

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back