Vocoderz (1 Viewer)

george mcfly

My Name Is Prince.
yo i know most people (including myself) are using vocoders built into synths, like the microkorg or the ms2000

but anyone had any experience with anything alternative??
i'm thinking along the lines of something pedal based that you wouldn't have to play

or even

is it possible to run my guitar through a synth vocoder and use that as the trigger?? like, if i ran it through a switch and just popped it at the point where i want the vocoder to come in

am i talking monday morning bullshit here?

oh yeah, no laptop solutions
i don't want to go down the route of click tracks

yo i know most people (including myself) are using vocoders built into synths, like the microkorg or the ms2000

but anyone had any experience with anything alternative??
i'm thinking along the lines of something pedal based that you wouldn't have to play

or even

is it possible to run my guitar through a synth vocoder and use that as the trigger?? like, if i ran it through a switch and just popped it at the point where i want the vocoder to come in

am i talking monday morning bullshit here?

If you don't play it how are you gonna have your vocoded vocals in key or with a melody?
You could use your guitar but I'm not sure what vocals vocoded by guitar would sound like. I'd imagine it would be muck.
Could you not just get someone else to control the synth vocoder?

If you don't play it how are you gonna have your vocoded vocals in key or with a melody?
You could use your guitar but I'm not sure what vocals vocoded by guitar would sound like. I'd imagine it would be muck.
Could you not just get someone else to control the synth vocoder?

yeah, it probably would be muck
just an idea

digitech used to have a pedal called the Talker, buti'd imagine it was shit

i can do it myself but it just means stopping playing guitar, and i'm afraid it'll take a bit of the weight out

how about getting a headset mic and one of those big keyboards you play with your feet?

76360.gif

doesn't dave grohl use a vocoder running through a guitar in that song that goes "do de do de do do" "call me down, whenever, wish i could stay sick with you, na na na na something, i'm the generator, violent whenever yeah, yeah remember the bird sing"
ah you know the one. no seriously. you do.

doesn't dave grohl use a vocoder running through a guitar in that song that goes "do de do de do do" "call me down, whenever, wish i could stay sick with you, na na na na something, i'm the generator, violent whenever yeah, yeah remember the bird sing"
ah you know the one. no seriously. you do.

that's a talk box. bon jovi use one too

and what's the difference between a talk box and a vocoder, don't they both essentially do the same thing?

a talk box has a tube that goes into your mouth and you manipulate the sound by making shapes with your mouth, like at the start of 'johnny used to work on the dock' by bon jovi

it usually goes between your head and cab and the output is picked up by your vocal mic
but i've never used one so i could be wrong on that
i'd like to try and use one with a synth.. i saw boyzIImen use one once

a talk box has a tube that goes into your mouth and you manipulate the sound by making shapes with your mouth, like at the start of 'johnny used to work on the dock' by bon jovi

it usually goes between your head and cab and the output is picked up by your vocal mic
but i've never used one so i could be wrong on that
i'd like to try and use one with a synth.. i saw boyzIImen use one once

Don't forget "California Love"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back