vinyl player (1 Viewer)

schmegeggin

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
i am looking to get an all in one vinyl player with cd and maybe usb etc. any recommendations, sites to buy, was looking at a black steepletone one

steepletone_products_uk009006.jpg

Any reason you'd want an all-in-one? The Steepletones look cute but the turntables are seriously lightweight.

ahem

"record" player

A friend has one of the Steepletone ones- they're rubbish I'm afraid

ahem

"record" player

A friend has one of the Steepletone ones- they're rubbish I'm afraid

really a friend of mine has one and it sounds great, hmmmnnn

just liked the look of the all in one retro yoke, compact etc, I had an old aiwa clunky one that was great but the amp clapped out on it, I think the record player still works

really a friend of mine has one and it sounds great, hmmmnnn

just liked the look of the all in one retro yoke, compact etc, I had an old aiwa clunky one that was great but the amp clapped out on it, I think the record player still works

well if you're looking for something in aiwa range then you're looking in the right place.

well if you're looking for something in aiwa range then you're looking in the right place.

i am looking for something that isn't too big like the slendertone, good sound, has to pass the better halves test of it looking good

i loved that aiwa hifi, have it about 15 years, the cd player/tape decks don't work now and I think the amp part of it is going, makes funny noises but it sounded great. very good monitors for mixing on my yamaha aw4416 desk.

why not get some good-looking seperates Rich? That can look fierce sophisticated, non-clunky, and good sound...gonna cost a few $$$ though...

well i did a bit of experimenting last night and hooked up the old vinyl player to my surround sound system and it works perfectly (although when I plugged it into the phono input on the amp it goes all distorted/buzzy but when I plugged it into another input eg tape/tv etc it works great)

http://www.angelislabor.com/gabriel.html

gabrielle.jpg

A true reference turntable equipped with a base that can accept up to four arms. The materials used include aluminum, bronze and stainless steel. The turntable and arm are totally decoupled at several points - beneath the base, beneath the turntable and beneath the pin, using a magnetic field calibrated and controlled with great precision.

http://futuremusic.com/blog/?p=3732

Angelis Labor Premiers $64,000 Gabriel Turntable

My 30 year old turntable still going strong.

310_5_big.jpg

got it in cloney audio in blackrock second hand over 15 years ago and had the motor serviced 10 years ago. can't recommend true hi-fi seperates enough. I would buy top of the range 70s/80s stuff again no problem, at some stage i would love to have mono block valve amps-who wouldn't think they look cool????

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back