US politics (1 Viewer)

You couldn't make this shit up.....

trump-sneakers.jpg

Means he probably can’t vote for himself.
I think felons can vote in Florida but not until after all fines have been paid, time served etc, which might not be done by November.

I think the surprise is that it was so quickly a guilty verdict on all counts. As a first time offender, the sentence will be nominal, most likely fines, maybe community service. Where it gets more interesting, I think, is with the *other* trials he's facing. If he's convicted in those, and the quick verdict here might demonstrate any jury isn't too easily intimidated, as an already convicted felon, then I think sentencing might become a far heavier deal for himself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I'm thought it'd just go on and on till it was pointless.

I'm sorry I don't have that cosmic right guy on FB any more to watch go mad for two days over it

Apparently 16% of republican voters in swing states said they wouldn’t vote for him if he was convicted of a crime. I suspect there’ll be an amount of “oh I didn’t mean *that* type of crime” equivocation, but even still…

Apparently 16% of republican voters in swing states said they wouldn’t vote for him if he was convicted of a crime. I suspect there’ll be an amount of “oh I didn’t mean *that* type of crime” equivocation, but even still…
Also the libertarians are running a candidate - which could provide an alternative home for some of the soft trump vote??

Also the libertarians are running a candidate - which could provide an alternative home for some of the soft trump vote??

I think it might just depress his turnout more than anything if it does anything negative. There can't be too many non-MAGA types who are republican who are enthused by this guy.

Would be interesting to see if Gaza lowers Biden's vote and if both factors will influence a low turnout.

And Kennedy is running, so who knows who that is good for

This conviction won't change too many minds. Not many people will remember it come November.
Americans care about how inflation has hurt them - that's something they feel. They blame Biden for it.
And by comparison, the Trump years seem better. That's why Biden is losing the black, youth and hispanic vote.

Trump has already been found liable in a rape case, said he grabs women by the pussy and started an insurrection. And he's the favourite to win.
A conviction for bookkeeping isn't going to move the needle much at all.

I wonder though bout like the peter casey

In the last election casey seemed like a new guy (that i didn't like) that struck a certain chord with people, this time he just seems annoying.

People might just grow out of Trump

And Kennedy is running, so who knows who that is good for

This conviction won't change too many minds. Not many people will remember it come November.
Americans care about how inflation has hurt them - that's something they feel. They blame Biden for it.
And by comparison, the Trump years seem better. That's why Biden is losing the black, youth and hispanic vote.

Trump has already been found liable in a rape case, said he grabs women by the pussy and started an insurrection. And he's the favourite to win.
A conviction for bookkeeping isn't going to move the needle much at all.

I don't think it'll be a big swing as a result of this case - but third party candidates in US elections can have an impact (nadar, perot etc etc)

The right wing have other candidates they could vote for if trump seems a little too iffy..

but I'd agree this aint gonna affect his core vote one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back