US Election 2016 (2 Viewers)

This is kind of surreal..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just looked on youtube* to see reactions to this...and they are overwhelmingly , rabidly positive. After a morning of listening to pundit after pundit on news radios stations expressing their stunned disbelief and fear for the future this came as something of a surprise.

* yeah, I know, I know..

I just looked on youtube* to see reactions to this...and they are overwhelmingly , rabidly positive. After a morning of listening to pundit after pundit on news radios stations expressing their stunned disbelief and fear for the future this came as something of a surprise.

* yeah, I know, I know..

Last year when I got interns, I'd go straight into media law and ethics and stuff.

This year its all, 'look buddy, we are in the fucking rabbit hole now, news is now mostly emotions and you are living in a bubble, and if this rectifies before i'm done with you, i'll be amazed'

* yeah, I know, I know..

I follow the US womens chess champion on Twitter

She was talking last night some horseshit about how it's great to get the president's "unfiltered thoughts" and how he's "not PC".

Jesus.

I guess it's nice not to be in the majority of the country that Trump is about to fuck, an to be so comfortable that his Twitter stream amuses you.

She was talking last night some horseshit about how it's great to get the president's "unfiltered thoughts" and how he's "not PC".

A supporter on Liveline just now was saying the same thing about him being "honest" and "unpolished". It reminded me of the worst of the Ulster Unionists saying their boorish braying was just "plain speaking".

An American colleague referred to the press conference as "a disaster" yesterday. I said any sane viewer would be aghast. He replied that most people in America would look down on me for using that word.

In conclusion, words good /Trump bad.

Jesus.

It just shows you can be incredibly smart in one way and totally dumb in another. I read a really good piece a few days ago about the history of the term 'PC' and how it became a weapon of the Conservative right to attack and belittle their opponents (leftists, liberals etc). It's Trumps weapon of choice quite often too. Utterly meaningless but still effective.

I think it's more a case of
"Everyone in the media an politics is already aware of this"
"The CIA have briefed Trump on it"
so
It belongs, proven or not, in the public domain.
Well no it's not really that at all. It's all alleged with no-one backing anything up aside from some anonymous, unverified documents. Where's the actual reporting here?

They're easy to believe because they're so believable but that doesn't make them real, or a mixture of fact and fiction. "Huge if true" may not be fake news but it doesn't amount to much either.

The entire thing is hinging on "Trump and Obama were briefed on them" therefore they must be real. What kind of logic is that. What was the brief? "There's a sex-shaming dossier on the new president about to be released" vs. "there's a smear campaign about to be launched against the new president"

Meanwhile, it's all couched in terms of "those damn Russians"

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him - CNNPolitics.com

The latest on this seems to be that various intelligence agents are telling people that the Brit who put it together is a good egg.

So I think that puts us at "still nothing verifiable or proven, but some people with a job that often involves peddling massive faslehoods are saying the guy who wrote it isn't the sort to lie, even though he had their job."

This Steele dude is straight out of a John Le Carre novel.

Who has actually confirmed this guy put the thing together, he certainly hasn't. All I can find is "people familiar with the matter".

So I think that puts us at "still nothing verifiable or proven, but some people with a job that often involves peddling massive falsehoods are saying the guy who wrote it isn't the sort to lie, even though he had their job."

this is where I am with it as well

Well it was John Mc Cain who gave it to the FBI Trump publicly slagged him off (unbelievably so) for getting captured in Vietnam so I doubt if there is much love lost there. I does seem very weak though if this is the kind of evidence they have for a Putin Trump conspiracy. Also you would think that there are more easy and credible ways to criticise Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back