US Election 2016 (1 Viewer)

It's mental. Part of me is relieved that weird Christian God fanatic Cruz is gone but ...the horror of it all.

Donald Trump, Presumptive Nominee

A good, albeit brief piece. One of the comments asks the question - who will be his V.P. nomination? He'll need someone 'centrist' if he's to have any hope, that should rule out Palin. Chris Christie jumped to Trump's side early on if I remember correctly, could be an outside chance. No other names comes to mind immediately, maybe he'll pick a complete outsider.

Donald Trump, Presumptive Nominee

A good, albeit brief piece. One of the comments asks the question - who will be his V.P. nomination? He'll need someone 'centrist' if he's to have any hope, that should rule out Palin. Chris Christie jumped to Trump's side early on if I remember correctly, could be an outside chance. No other names comes to mind immediately, maybe he'll pick a complete outsider.
Who knows, you'd have to think he'd want someone that will steady the base and be an attack dog on HRC
Maybe Christie fits that bill.

When Cruz dropped out last night I turned on Fox News to see what they were saying, because I thought with them being so hostile towards Trump up till now where'd they'd go from here would be interesting and that Bill O'Reilly guy was on saying that Christie will likely be Trump's AG if he got elected.

Any ideas as to who Hillary may select?
It won't be Liz Warren

Conventional wisdom says your pick should shore up a weakness.
Don't know if she'll want to appease Bernie's gang or the centrists.
I'd love to see her go rogue and take someone like John Huntsman, appeal to Never-Trump Republicans. But no way that happens.

Look at this beautiful graphic based on current polling

Clinton 347

Trump 191

ELECTORAL VOTES

map2016-Artboard_1.png

How smart is Donald Trump?

A very interesting question here from Kevin Drum

Has Trump been clever or lucky?

He didn't waste his time on the minnows and weirdoes and allowed them to flame out.
The only one who could have united the party against him (Rubio) was driven out early.
Leaving just Cruz, who nobody likes, left at the end.

Was this just the set of fortuitous circumstances that left a no nothing blowhard the last man standing or a deliberate strategy by Trump?

I could see him beating Clinton if it goes well, but bizarrely I couldn't see him beating Sanders. Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back