UPDATE: Diy Irish Hardcorepunk Archive! (1 Viewer)

That Wheel song on the split 7" was called Navigate the Muscle and was a great song I thought. But their best recording was the Fanning session, where there was a better version. It would be amazing to have of those old Fanning sessions upped. The Jam Jar Jail one - brilliant.

Loads more stuff up on the blog again tonight.

COITUS - In Two Years You'll Be Smokin' In Hell Tape (two early demos on one tape, fuckin ripper)
PARANOID VISIONS - From The Womb To The Bucket Demo (great dublin punk from '84, real great sound to this tape, I keep saying it but I really hear some PIL and Killing Joke influences, which is fucking deadly!)
PERIDOTS- Open Season/Calm 7" + 2 bonus tracks (81' post punk, very dark, absolute gem)
SLEDGEHAMMER - Money Is The Root Of All Evil Demo (late 80's female fronted punk with reggae bits I think from Belfast)
THE GROWN UPS - Chilli-Cheese Dog Tape (great fast pop punk from Dublin 91')
PINK TURDS IN SPACE - Discography (this band need no introduction from me!)
NOT OUR WORLD - Live At The Earl Grattan February 89 - (Great quality live tape of one of the most highly downloaded bands on the blog as of now)
BLOOD RED DOLLS - Banned/Live In Ashtown - great rock n roll from the brialliant tommy et al.

So go'wan have a download.

Coitus%2BTape.jpg

ParanoidVisionsCover.jpg

peridots.jpg

GrownUps2.jpg

Pink%2BTurds%2BIn%2BSpace.jpg

BloodRedDolls.BMP

Awesome stuff Ed. From reading the descriptions I think Boz should get some credit too.
The only thing that will make this blog better is more comments.

Coitus are releasing this + all their stuff on CD in May, all for sharing music and that but a tad unfair.

Ah Sean did you think I'd be so silly as to not check first?! I checked with Skinny before I put the stuff up. As far as I know the underground movement cd covers the period post 92, this is all pre 92.

As I said when I started the blog I'm not wanting to mess with any stuff that's in print or is gonna be re-realeased, hence why I took down Toxic Waste/Bleeding Rectum and Knifed Stuff pretty fast when I heard they were to be released again. If anything I've spent a fair bit of time emailing the owners of blogs that I've found who are putting up Irish stuff still in print/or for sale and informing them that stuff is still available (for instance I found an incredible amount of skubi 'sadness of noise' releases available for download, a lot of stuff I know he still has copies of).

If I somehow heard it or got it wrong in regards the coitus tape, I will take it down. :) Last thing I want to do is fuck with someone who is putting out a cd or whatever, if anything I was hopign that the upload might make more people who aren't too aware of coitus get into them and subsequently buy the cd. (also you may ntoice that I linked underground movements website in the post)

And you're right Gary, Boz has been a great help as have one or two anon cassette donors!

Fair enough Ed, my mistake. Wasn't having a go or anything, as I download shit all the time. I can send you on that missing cover for the Sledgehammer demo. Will scan it in when I get in tonight. Also have been meaning to get that unreleased Brawl stuff (ok'ed by their old bass player) to you + various other bits but it's transferring from tape onto the pc is the delay and lazyiness. Anyone know someone who was in the Blue Babies, their tape on FOAD was fucking great. Also mentioned your blog to Jay who was in Visual Aggression, they had a demo out too.

i got the blue babies, some indecent xposure and live striknien in mulligans, ill get it together

i got the blue babies, some indecent xposure and live striknien in mulligans, ill get it together

Hey boss I'll reply to your email later, no need to bother with the blue babies, throwing that up meself tonight, just gotta scan the cover, have great quality mp3's, seriously been listening to em all morning, such a fucking great band, did they release anything other than that tape 'From A Whisper To A Scream'?

Would love the indecent exposure and live striknien stuff though

Fair enough Ed, my mistake. Wasn't having a go or anything, as I download shit all the time. I can send you on that missing cover for the Sledgehammer demo. Will scan it in when I get in tonight. Also have been meaning to get that unreleased Brawl stuff (ok'ed by their old bass player) to you + various other bits but it's transferring from tape onto the pc is the delay and lazyiness. Anyone know someone who was in the Blue Babies, their tape on FOAD was fucking great. Also mentioned your blog to Jay who was in Visual Aggression, they had a demo out too.

Ah sure I know you weren't Sean but to be honest I rather if people keep me on my toes about stuff like whether something is still availabel or whether it's to be re-released soon. Would like the brawl stuff and the sledgehammer cover. In regards the blue babies who I mentioned above, one of them posted here a few months back in that thread with loadsa photos from the 80's, sent me on high quality mp3s which I'll up tonight probably.

Ah Sean did you think I'd be so silly as to not check first?! I checked with Skinny before I put the stuff up. As far as I know the underground movement cd covers the period post 92, this is all pre 92.

As I said when I started the blog I'm not wanting to mess with any stuff that's in print or is gonna be re-realeased, hence why I took down Toxic Waste/Bleeding Rectum and Knifed Stuff pretty fast when I heard they were to be released again. If anything I've spent a fair bit of time emailing the owners of blogs that I've found who are putting up Irish stuff still in print/or for sale and informing them that stuff is still available (for instance I found an incredible amount of skubi 'sadness of noise' releases available for download, a lot of stuff I know he still has copies of).

If I somehow heard it or got it wrong in regards the coitus tape, I will take it down. :) Last thing I want to do is fuck with someone who is putting out a cd or whatever, if anything I was hopign that the upload might make more people who aren't too aware of coitus get into them and subsequently buy the cd. (also you may ntoice that I linked underground movements website in the post)

And you're right Gary, Boz has been a great help as have one or two anon cassette donors!

You're grand with the coitus tape Ed.None of those versions will be on the new coitus cd.

Listening to Submission/Domination by Coitus for about the 20th time today, fucking tune..|..|

gotta download this tape, cheers spuded!

Does anyone happen to have the Scientific Bong demo tape?
It was quite, ahem, "rare", ie. we only bothered making about
15 copies of it. I'd love to hear it again...

just up today.

Blue Babies - From A Whisper To A Scream Tape (1991, Dublin, Absolutely fuckin brilliant punk rock, if you don't download this you're a stupid cunt!)
Dismal Abysmals - 'Illegitimate Targets ' Tape (1992, Strange Strange Crazy punk featuring Deko!)
Circle Again - XXX - 1999 Demo from Belfast's ultimate sxe'rs
Stress - 1st Demo - Dublin Crust Punk 99.

Think I deserve a joint now:)

BlueBabiescover.jpg

DimsalAbysmalsCover.jpg

CircleAgainCover.jpg

stress_democover.gif

dying to download the circle again, I still have the tape but my tape player is fecked.

THIS SHIP'S CREWED BY CLOWNS AND I SWEAR WE'RE GOING DOWN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back