Upcoming Gigs of Interest (5 Viewers)

Was just about to post up about Irmin Schmidt, who is speaking at this with Rob Young, to launch the new Can book. No point now I spose.

Vinyl circle-jerk.

I dunno - I'd like to hear what loads of them have to say - Cosey Fanni Tutti, Billy Bragg, Andy Weatherall, all interesting folk. Hundred and nineteen pound though, and three days...wtf thread.

A huge number of big music stars are coming to Dublin for new music event 'VINYL' this May

VINYL will run at Dublin's Royal Hospital, Kilmainham from May 5th - 7th and will see public interviews, live performances, exhibitions, panel discussions, album playbacks, pop-up stores, signings and more happening in the grounds and buildings of the RHK.

Some of the events taking place can be seen below:

Snow Patrol will present an exclusive playback of select tracks from their forthcoming album Wildness in the company of broadcaster and writer Edith Bowman;

Shane MacGowan, in conversation with Stiff Records supremo Dave Robinson, will consider his favourite records and how they have shaped him as one of the great chroniclers of our age;

Chrissie Hynde will chat with journalist Pete Paphides about The Pretenders;

Bob Geldof will discuss the early days of the Boomtown Rats, punk/pop success, international fame, and why he will always be a musician;

Geoff Barrow, in conversation with acclaimed Irish actor Cillian Murphy;

Tracey Thorn will discuss her music and writing career in the wake of her latest critically acclaimed album, Record;

Tim Burgess of The Charlatans in conversation with actress Sharon Horgan;

Noel Hogan of The Cranberries in conversation with producer Stephen Street;

Aslan will reflect on their own debut album, Feel No Shame;

Legendary guitarist Scott Gorham on Thin Lizzy’s meteoric rise to prominence;

James Lavelle on Mo’Wax Records and his time in the UNKLE collective;

DJ, producer, and remixer, Andrew Weatherall will discuss his groundbreaking work with Happy Mondays, Primal Scream, New Order and My Bloody Valentine;

Ed Piller (of Acid Jazz Records) in conversation with actor Martin Freeman on their mutual love of mod subculture;

Simon Raymonde, bass guitarist and keyboard player with the sadly defunct Cocteau Twins, will discuss the history and development of his Bella Union record label;

Talks by Billy Bragg and Peggy Seeger;

Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals in conversation with Huw Stephens;

Irmin Schmidt of Can in conversation with the writer Rob Young;

Musician, performance artist and writer, Cosey Fanni Tutti will recount tales from her critically acclaimed memoir Art Sex Music.

There will also be exclusive exhibitions including James Lavelle’s ‘Daydreaming With UNKLE’, Vaughan Oliver’s ‘Walking Backwards’, Peter Boettcher’s ‘Photographing Kraftwerk', and Rory Gallagher’s vinyl collection as assembled by the guitarist’s brother, Donal.

Looks truly horrendous.
Was just about to post up about Irmin Schmidt, who is speaking at this with Rob Young, to launch the new Can book. No point now I spose.

I dunno - I'd like to hear what loads of them have to say - Cosey Fanni Tutti, Billy Bragg, Andy Weatherall, all interesting folk. Hundred and nineteen pound though, and three days...wtf thread.
I bet you could have a great drinking game at it. Every time someone says vinyls
Sounds both like a nightmare and also like a thing that I would really love.
Not many live performances for what, 119 quid. What an utter waste of money.

Phoenix just cancelled for tonight the cunts
119 quid. !
I get it. Lots of public interviews (cheap to produce, right kids!) with people about music. But the whole Vinyl thing.... ugh.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back