Unpopular Opinions (2 Viewers)

yeah, fair, and poor old Ukraine barely gets a look in either these days

on the corbett thing.though, I remember it from the initial conviction. There was a real mob mentality coming from Ireland (pushed hard by Irish tabloids such as the indo) and that one really important part about him allegedly (or maybe not allegedly) beating the shit out of yer one on a regular basis, and his allegedly trying to kill her on the night he got topped, barely gets a mention.

its awful that he died and all, and its shit what happened after, but wasn't that corbett fucker not a wife-beating scumbag? why is that being glossed over the way it has been?
I haven't been following it

I find these true crime things hard to follow and resent them being on the news
Unless there is some larger social issue at play
This story just seems to be "Someone out foreign killed one of ours"

But definitely against wife-beating.
Actually I'm also against wives on a personal level. As in I don't want one.

Ok, more coffee.

its awful that he died and all, and its shit what happened after, but wasn't that corbett fucker not a wife-beating scumbag? why is that being glossed over the way it has been?
His second wife, the nanny? That was discredited in the trial. She had recording devices secreted about the house and wasn't able to produce recordings in support of her contention except of him shouting, no violence, and lacking any context. Her other recordings were destroyed. She's a delusional fantasist and seemed hellbent on keeping his kids, though she'd never adopted them.

His second wife, the nanny? That was discredited in the trial. She had recording devices secreted about the house and wasn't able to produce recordings in support of her contention except of him shouting, no violence, and lacking any context. Her other recordings were destroyed. She's a delusional fantasist and seemed hellbent on keeping his kids, though she'd never adopted them.
the one that's going back to jail. The molly one. She does seem a bit of a clown alright but if he laid a finger on her, then I have to park all and any sympathy.

With the personalities involved its hard to know what to believe.

But am I to think that everything in this article is lies? Violence in home of Molly Martens and Jason Corbett recounted by witnesses

What about your wan that was horribly murdered out in Howth years back. Some high flying marketing person.
A notoriously "difficult" woman who would berate the husband, and belittle and mock him in front of people.
He obviously snapped and beat her to death, and is rightfully in jail for it

Where do our sympathies end with justification for murder?
And is physical violence always worse than mental/emotional abuse?

I do not know any of these answers - as they are probably unknowable.

the one that's going back to jail. The molly one. She does seem a bit of a clown alright but if he laid a finger on her, then I have to park all and any sympathy.

With the personalities involved its hard to know what to believe.

But am I to think that everything in this article is lies? Violence in home of Molly Martens and Jason Corbett recounted by witnesses
She told outlandish lies and seeded different narratives with different people. Most of those quoted are repeating whet they heard from her. I don't know what the husband was like and it sounds like he was at least prone to raising his voice but he wasn't there to defend himself against accusations like the death of his first wife being the result of autoerotic asphyxia rather then asthma. His kids seemed dignified throughout and defended his memory.

Feels off talking about this on the day of the Tullamore verdict.

What about your wan that was horribly murdered out in Howth years back. Some high flying marketing person.
A notoriously "difficult" woman who would berate the husband, and belittle and mock him in front of people.
He obviously snapped and beat her to death, and is rightfully in jail for it

Where do our sympathies end with justification for murder?
And is physical violence always worse than mental/emotional abuse?

I do not know any of these answers - as they are probably unknowable.
I'm fairly clear where I stand on things. Any man who would raise his hand to a woman, regardless of the circumstances, is a piece of shit

I do like the ol' sex-based rights :D

Big fan

Deutschland 83 Running GIF by SundanceTV

I've seen enough time travel movies to know that Thatcher would undoubtedly blame the Irish and the resulting hardening of British security policy on this island would delay or scupper the peace process

Anyone considering violence against women should always contemplate the time paradoxes involved

It is pretty much always wrong

Viva la revolution, vive la difference

I'm fairly clear where I stand on things. Any man who would raise his hand to a woman, regardless of the circumstances, is a piece of shit

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with that;
What about self-defense?
if a big angry woman started swinging at me and wouldn't back the fuck up, I'm pretty sure little old 5'8" me would be raising my hands back. Pacifism will only get you so far in some extreme cases

The people talking about Aisling Murphy's boyfriend losing his "soulmate," they were in their early 20's so who knows.

That doesn't negate or reduce his legitimate terrible grief, both for the loss of the woman he loved, and for the life he was picturing for himself, and her.

But I'm sure we've all known people who thought they were with their soulmates at that age and now aren't. Maybe someone of us thought we were.

Edit: Also his victim impact statement was full of racist dog whistles. There should be space allowed for his anger and grief, he's been through a awful experience. But it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back