Underrated films/ Post your film poster of it here (1 Viewer)

89.jpg

mate of mine built this up for ages and when i saw it i hated it. unnecessarily crude and tried way too hard.
this on the other hand is the best war film ever, really brave and also remarkably objective.

B00003CX74.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056662428_.jpg

This is an exceptional film. It will turn your idea of a horror film upside down. There is no gore. Jeremy Renner in the title role is an actor of rare talent. The narrative sliding between time scales is worked into a subtle, quietily edgey rhythm. You will be emotionally fucked for at least a few days after seeing it. But...I'm still not too hopeful of that many people liking it. It definitely eschews standard formulae for this exploitation genre. The last shot lingers as he's walking walking walking...

t71883qryjf.jpg
(dodgy poster)

Another gem with Jeff Bridges in the lead. Surely the most taken for granted leading man since the 1970s onwards. He's been really good quite a lot. And often brilliant. Alan Arkin is great too has a cranky, cynical western director.

v33521fyddl.jpg

TG4 probably show this quite a bit. They used to have a segment of it advertising the TG4 Western.

Dont know about the best but definately very underrated.
As was:
1242.jpg

I must say though I prefer these:
movies_das-boot_original_poster-cover.jpg

And I know it isnt cool but for a perfect Sunday afternoon:
sinkthebismarkdvd.jpg

633_squadron1x.jpg

B000096KJH.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

black hawk down was the worst shit ever. after 45 minutes i honestly didnt care what was going on. amazing battle scenes and flashy editing/camera got tiresome after a while.
ridley scott really has gone to the shitter recently.

i saw half of this about 10 years ago on tv - never seen it since!! is it available? must seek it out...

Think it got a dvd release a while back. There was an article about it in uncut anway

What was the name of that Keanu Reeves film where your man kills his girlfriend and the whole school knows and they try to hide it? Thought that was deadly.

What was the name of that Keanu Reeves film where your man kills his girlfriend and the whole school knows and they try to hide it? Thought that was deadly.

Yeah, 'River's Edge'. Really good film. Reeves is really good in it.Crispin Glover is completely over the top though. Directed by Tim Hunter who seems to have been completely marginalised as a director (he did do some episodes of Homicide : Life on the streets though).

Cult classic.

Really want to see that 'Over the Edge' one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back