Underrated films/ Post your film poster of it here (1 Viewer)

kingdom_of_heaven.jpg

this is really underrated.. i predict the directors cut might even push it into my top twenty films

Did anyone else find 'The Proposition' boring? The acting's lean and good but...*yawns*

'Bubba Hotep' is a cult classic for goodness sake!

Anyway, one of my favourite films, that no-one seems to have seen. A heartbreaking moral dilemma:

t01072vjkhl.jpg

and another favourite that probably has it's fans but still...can't be rated highly enough for me.

All%20the%20Real%20Girls.jpg

I fucking adore this movie. I saw it at the north by northwest film festival (canadian film festival) about two and a half years ago. Nailbiting comedy:
Luck.jpg

and this film, which I lent to about twenty people and every single one was bowled over by it:

t53119q0m57.jpg

These John Sayles ones from the late 80s. Sayles is overlooked in general. Perhaps it's because of his integrity. Sayles on Sayles is a must read for aspiring film-makers.

David Straithairn's best role?
Eight_men_out_(1988).jpg

It's not underrated by critics, but it's not widely seen enough.
t175042g7j9.jpg

Superior revenge actioner. (dodgy poster!). Used to be on tcm all the time. Has one of the best gun skimmings ever. Duvall's stoneyness is perfected here. All round great cast. It's got real balls. Most action films would bore me, but this is well-paced and positively crackles:

v70098f9x8c.jpg

Another Walter Hill one. Anyone who's seen this, will know, I reckon: (rubbish poster too)
t11085kj0zq.jpg

Probably the least seen Sidney Lumet film, but probably the best. Another one where you chew the hands off yourself:

v34282fcuvq.jpg

This is enjoyable,honestly offbeat and quietly moral:(and finally a great poster!)
t29207ansul.jpg

Fucking great film, it got overloked due to everyone comparing it to American History X when it came out if I recal.

Everyone should watch it and Damon its got tits in it too !!!!

Totally. I don't think their similar at all. The sense of whiteness or paleness in the cinematography - you could almost touch it.

The narrative is as complex as you'd expect and if anyone thinks it's outlandish, take note that it is based on real accounts.

I've seen it five or six times and it's got so much subtle depth to play off it's obvious edge and intensity.

And it's got Summer Phoenix's tits none the less! HO!HO!HO!

They've else done up that poster to try and compare it to 'Made in Britain' (which is exciting yet thoughtful stuff too).

blade.jpg

I always get shit for saying that this is one of my favourite movies. People neglect to see that it is a fantastic action movie. Brilliant fight sequences that are Matrix comparable, and the movie that kickstarted all these comic book remakes.

Oh, this one confused the critics. Even to this day...

There's Nate Champion on the sleeve ( the cat is out of the bag!).

heavensgate.jpg

That does not look like Isabelle Huppert on the cover!
(try and see the longer version of this)

This is worth seeing for Robert Ryan's tired, desperate performance (surely one of the very best ever.)
192757.jpg

This is a western that doesn't get it's full due.

Another gem from a play, wealth of acting:

SLow-paced ambitious film.
t02596aohys.jpg

will oldham was about 16 in this as the kid preacher wasnt he?

me likes -
melvinandhoward.jpg

bruce langhorne (of hired hand/dylan sideman fame)...does the score:)

Will Oldham was only a young buck in it. I'd say he was more thirteen or fourteen. He's pretty good in it. As in very believable.

I haven't seen 'Melvin and Howard' but it's highly rated, if not widely seen also:) ? It's a Jonathon Demme film, and apparently all his eighties films are worthy. I've only seen 'Something Wild' and that was as a child.

Charlie check out 'Matewan' seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back