[UH OH! PLOT SPOILERS!]Donnie Darko (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by kstop
Are you in all your dreams?

I think so. Aren't you?

I like your theory about both realities happening, Billy. But what happens to Donnie in the reality where he kills Frank? After he sits on the hill watching the wormhole? Does he just disappear or does that reality just, well, end? Oh perhaps that's it - the world (i.e. reality where Darko cheats death) DOES end like Frank said.

Hmmmm

It seems sometimes a film doesn't have to add up for me to like it. 1) Plenty of weird shit and 2) lovable characters more than compensate for the incomprehensibility of the plot for me, cos these are a few of my favourite things

Originally posted by egg_

It seems sometimes a film doesn't have to add up for me to like it. 1) Plenty of weird shit and 2) lovable characters more than compensate for the incomprehensibility of the plot for me, cos these are a few of my favourite things [/B]

I found the fact that the family were,for once, pretty down to earth, as opposed to screaming fuck ups, really endearing.

Great movie, but not the best I've seen in a while.

City of God ...... most violent film I've ever seen in the cinema.
Really worth checking out though because it's based on a true story, which is terrifying- 6 year old kids with guns.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
Best film of last year was Mulholland Dr.
Think Donnie Darko's better but

loved mulholland drive also. even if it is a bit weeiird.

finally got to see this last night

most odd

watched about half of it again straight after with the commentary on... gives a lot of detail i missed, doesn't really explain much... although from what they're saying, the deleted scenes (of which there are many and i haven't watched them yet) seem to include stuff about the storyline that would have made sense in there....

here

what's the story with the guy in the red jogging suit?

the fat guy?

someone said he was a recuring character in eighties films as was put in as a homage.

frank was his siters boyfriend. now there's something i didn't realise.

i watched it again with dubh ('duuuuude!') and i think i get the gist of it now...
lovely.

Originally posted by lorcanzo
frank was his siters boyfriend. now there's something i didn't realise.
You know at the very start? when he's cycling home and a car passes him? on the commentary, they say "and there's frank, just after he dropped donnie's sister home.".... but it's just after dawn, and in the next scene, just after donnie hops off the bike, the sister passes by their dad and she appears to be leaving the house, waving car keys at him.... unless it's the mother, of course, and i'm going blind.

Originally posted by pete
finally got to see this last night

here

what's the story with the guy in the red jogging suit?

Hes from the FAA making sure donnie dont speak about the engine that fell into his bedroom.

I just saw it last night too.

Doesnt Donnie look like Chrith?

Originally posted by aoifed
6 year old kids with guns.
six year old kids with guns are cool. must go and see cityofgod now before it disappears from the cinema.

i managed to see donnie darko in america a couple of years ago, kind of by accident. it was nice bcos there wasn't much hype at all surrounding it. i like all your theories on donnie darko, although the person who talked about bending time was a bit confusing, but that's just because i'm not very bright. i especially agree with egg i think it was who said that it doesn't matter whether the plot has to make complete sense as long as certain other important aspects are included. my theory about donnie darko is a big mix of all your ideas, which would'be been original had i gotten here at the beginning of the thread.

i only figured out about frank being his siters boyfriend when you see the note on the fridge 'frank's gone to get beer' or something. is it important to the plot though, or just one of those nice coincidences. somebody mentioned something about the colour red occuring. was there any significance in this? my favourite bit was the joke about mice and faeces

i wanted to get it on dvd and tried in laser but apparently xtravision have exclusive initial viewing stuff or something. the guy from laser sounded really annoyed when i asked him.

Originally posted by vertrauen

i wanted to get it on dvd and tried in laser but apparently xtravision have exclusive initial viewing stuff or something. the guy from laser sounded really annoyed when i asked him.

looks like it. Posters in their windows

I got it out Saturday and watched it twice.
Made a little clearer on DaViD then it had in the cinema
Rental copy - no commentary /extras apart from trailer, right?

Last Temptation of Christ is playing in cinema when they come out. wonder if that is important,

I bought the soundtrack a few weeks ago, Fantastic but the only song included is Mad World (twice)
The Killing Moon, HEad Over Heels, Notorious, Under The Milky Way, LOve Will Tear Us Apart etc etc ain't on it. just 37 mins long

they refer to the soundtrack on the commentary - they had no money to get the rights for the songs, and advise anyone who wants them to "download them from Napster"...

Originally posted by pete
they refer to the soundtrack on the commentary - they had no money to get the rights for the songs, and advise anyone who wants them to "download them from Napster"...

I figured that
a make your own scenario then

is yrs DD DaViD region 1 or 3?

the one for R2 not due til May 19. No luck with finding a chipping code for my player

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back