tycho brahe name change? (1 Viewer)

Pantone247 said:
hey but thanks for mentioning it anyway Hag

so you figured out why no one loves you yet?
are you still in capratone? i've figured out why you don't love me if that's any use?

FancyGoods said:
well congratulations on that licensing deal

(even if your not using any of my suggested names)
yes congratulations donal etc on the deal. ireland is still the be all /end all/centre of the universe though and don't you go tellin them foreigners otherwise.

just thought of a really annoying abbreviation for yer new bandname (sorry in advance) -

the naughties.

'so did you hear the naughties are making it big in europe?'
'those naughties fuckin' too big for their boots traitors! '
'yeah europe shmoorup that's what i say... eh where is europe anyway?'

oh ok maybe not.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Donal, what's the difference between a licensing deal and a record deal? Is it that you give them already-made albums instead of new ones? Congrats and good luck with it by the way.

Thanks Ro !

In both cases you give them a finished album. In both cases you own your music. The 3rd option - with a record deal - they own the album. You work for them.

We have a distribution deal with RMGchart here. They get a cut of the money (distribution deals are usually 15 - 25%). They distribute into the shops. Physically move the CDs into the shop - and only if the shop asks for them. It can be very frustrating when you play cork and galway and no shops have they CDs - not RMGs fault. Shops don't order them. But then it is very satisfying when, as a result, you sell 100 copies of you CD at a gig when they cost 1 euro to make.

We now have a licensing deal outside of Ireland... licensing can be like a record deal except you own your music, call the shots and you are basically are your own record label or 'licensor' which licenses the album to the license-wanter-type-person or 'licensee' for a cut of 50-70% generally.

some license deals are just glorified distribution deals which do not support / push or plug the albums and do not invest in the sales of the album (a bit like a distribution deal does not invest in the sales of the album). Other Licensing deals invest lots of money in plugging, promo, marketing and tours. A bit like a record deal proper but one where you are the boss and you still own your music - nice!

The Frames, Damien Rice and David Gray *wipes rotten fruit off face and waits for silence* would be rather well know for the Licensing route ...

Stina Nordenstam has just signed a Licensing deal for europe with V2 which means for the first time she owns her music and has no record label interferrence in her music as she funded it and recorded it.

Talk to angela at FMC or go to their website. They rock...

I say well done to all, what with the dudleys being big in Japan, the Jimmys being big in eastern Slbzzzchvkia, Daemian Hag being big in their pants in Italy and whatnot, and now this. It's about time Johnny Onion Rings got his dirty foreign mitts on some proper Irish produce. Bring us back some plastic Eifell towers lads.

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet...

Is it now called This Is Tychonaut?

I'd only prefer candy to crapweeds if they weren't called scumdrops......

Who is the license deal company?
Do they really get 50-70% of sales?
That's fucking madder than charging people a 2 euro surcharge on gig tix to fund studio time.

Re. some earlier post: Tycho Brahe the astronomer and Tycho Brahe the observatory should be pronounced the same, no? Since the observatory is named after the astronomer... oh, maybe you were taking the piss.

Why am I on Thumped again?

And.. having names of variable pronounciation never hurt Bowie or Bono.
Or Sunn 0)))
Didn't do much for Prince though, did it?

I'm off.

so unhelpful rory. sheeeeeeeesh.
Keeror said:
Who is the license deal company?
Do they really get 50-70% of sales?
That's fucking madder than charging people a 2 euro surcharge on gig tix to fund studio time.

Re. some earlier post: Tycho Brahe the astronomer and Tycho Brahe the observatory should be pronounced the same, no? Since the observatory is named after the astronomer... oh, maybe you were taking the piss.

Why am I on Thumped again?

Keeror said:
And.. having names of variable pronounciation never hurt Bowie or Bono.
Or Sunn 0)))
Didn't do much for Prince though, did it?

I'm off.

sunn o))) is not a name of variable pronounciation, rory....just isn't...

andrew

Anthony said:
Are you going to suddenly loose a few years off your live too? Like LAM.
hahaha..

this whole post album name change malarky has become a trend! i hope people dont start doin' it cos its all the rage with the kids. whats wrong with a slight spelling alteration for the morons? "the tycho brahay". hmmm looks a little peeky.

Or is it something to do with the band Supernaut who put out an album on Dirt records a few years ago???!!!!

hugh said:
Or is it something to do with the band Supernaut who put out an album on Dirt records a few years ago???!!!!
surely we would be name checking black sabbath's track 'supernaut'.

but no to all the above. cross between tycho brahe and chinese space man etc...

and rory/keeror - thanks for the words of encouragement. !bog I am sure you are very happy for us deep down ...:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back