tycho brahe name change? (1 Viewer)

Tycho Brahe is pronnounced something like "Tewcha Brwuahe" or something that sounds vaguely like you're talking like you have a potato in your mouth.

Tychonaut. Hmm, yeah I guess, OK. Suppose it's like when Jif changed to Cif, eh?

Pantone247 said:
PZJ are less tactile then GHB but XVF are not... see?

I guess I come from the Capratone 'don't change the name till absolutly everyone ever has been in the band at least twice' school of thinking.
yeah, but nobody cares about capratone. i don't think anyone ever did. i'm not dissing you!!! :)

anyone know how apeonaut feels about all this??

same as always, the primates are the first casualty

Donal, what's the difference between a licensing deal and a record deal? Is it that you give them already-made albums instead of new ones? Congrats and good luck with it by the way.

I used to be called Mumble in De Afro, but changed my name. My stock price has gone up 3 5/8s since then.

Pantone247 said:
I always get a little :confused: about these sorta things

Deputy Fuzzz going to Life After Modelling

Thick O Bra to Thick O Knot

eh... other ones too

I mean you've two albums out, you've got pretty considerable press coverage, maybe it's the designer/marketting bod in me speaking, but in such terms it seems like an odd time to "re-brand"

Not an odd time at all! And marketing/plugger people breath a sigh of relief ... trust me on that one.

I reckon the time to change a band name you are not happy with is always before you release/launch internationally, not after ... and the 2 albums will be unchanged apart from the name.

We have NO presence, releases or press coverage outside of Ireland yet. No disrespect to our nation-once-again but 'the tycho brahe' never released outside of here (apart from internet sales) so now is definitely the the time to change the name. We are only about to exist outside of little old Ireland.

It also means the Irish copies of the 2 albums might become collectables - like the first 1000 digpak of 'this is' from 2002.

well congratulations on that licensing deal

(even if your not using any of my suggested names)

Donal said:
Not an odd time at all! And marketing/plugger people breath a sigh of relief ... trust me on that one.

I reckon the time to change a band name you are not happy with is always before you release/launch internationally, not after ... and the 2 albums will be unchanged apart from the name.

We have NO presence, releases or press coverage outside of Ireland yet. No disrespect to our nation-once-again but 'the tycho brahe' never released outside of here (apart from internet sales) so now is definitely the the time to change the name. We are only about to exist outside of little old Ireland.

It also means the Irish copies of the 2 albums might become collectables - like the first 1000 digpak of 'this is' from 2002.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back