True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

A potato
potato.jpg

and Mr.Clumsy

mm.jpg

Vince Vaughn Poised To Join HBO's 'True Detective' - Deadline.com

HBO and Pizzolatto had been keeping mum on details about Season 2, which will be set in California. It is believed that, like Season 1, the second cycle also will kick off with a murder, and it might involve corruption in the California transportation system, possibly linked to a proposed high-speed train. The series is expected to have four leads, three of them said to be cops/detectives/government workers — two male, for which Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch have been in talks, and one female. The fourth, which Vaughn is eyed for, is said to be a villain, possibly with mob ties.

So a writer needs to credit everyone on a fictional character's reading list now? Right.

I know. My thoughts were – Rust, the character, has read Thomas Ligotti and been influenced by him, same as Pizzolatto the author, and has incorporated his philosophy into his life same as people do all over the world every day with writing and art. This shouldn't need to be explained. Whoever wrote the article is a half wit

I too always assumed Ruste was quoting and paraphrasing other people.

However the Ligotti stuff he is quoting is from 2010 and he is doing his car spiel in 1995. BLAH BLAH BLAH INTERNET INTERNET

Great it's the Emiy Nausiatingbaum of the philosophy world.

Jesus people are taking that show way too fucking seriously. Just to put some context on the show the main character was a cop who just happened to be just off an undercover stint as a fucking murderous biker.

C'mon people this is the kind of thing Chuck fucking Norris would play in the 80's. And his womanising partner would probably be Cheech Marin.

Jesus people are taking that show way too fucking seriously. Just to put some context on the show the main character was a cop who just happened to be just off an undercover stint as a fucking murderous biker.
they should do a spin off show of Rust's time as an undercover biker. or at least a graphic novel.

As I've posted elsewhere, this isn't really plagiarism. Plagiarism, to me anyway, is primarily related to non-fiction and presenting data and arguments of others as your own. This is creative license, taking real-life inspirations and incorporating them into an artistic work. Two very different things but then again nerds want to keep their thing special so it's easy to throw empty accusations here and there in order to make mountains out of molehills. If they took Ligotti's point of view, we're all rudderless bags of meat and who gives a fuck about ideas anyway.

Anyway, I just ordered a book of Ligotti's short stories which sounds promising.

Nick Antosca: A Great Book You Maybe Haven't Read: Teatro Grottesco by Thomas Ligotti

If it's any good I'll read the book that Pizzolatto "plagiarised"

I haven't read the non-fiction book of Ligotti's but I've read most of his fiction. Teatro Grottesco is a good introduction, some great stuff in there but some guff as well. He's hit or miss but when he hits it's fantastic (in every sense of the word). Don't expect conventional horror stories or narratives, this is more along the lines of HP Lovecraft seen through David Lynch's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back