True Detective Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Vince Vaughan has been confirmed and the director of the first two episodes will be the guy who made The Fast & The Furious 6! Gulp!

Yeah the Justin Lin directing thing is a bit worrisome at first but there was a quote by one of the HBO heads that said the first two scripts were "more exciting than the first season". So I'm guessing they are hiring an action director for good reason.

Also the show runner is the overseer of everything and I'm sure has can direct the mood/character moments. Plus it's the same cinematographer as the first season.

Yeah the Justin Lin directing thing is a bit worrisome at first but there was a quote by one of the HBO heads that said the first two scripts were "more exciting than the first season". So I'm guessing they are hiring an action director for good reason.

Also the show runner is the overseer of everything and I'm sure has can direct the mood/character moments. Plus it's the same cinematographer as the first season.
Well, HBO are hardly going to say that the scripts are duds now!

Glad the cinematographer’s still on board. Now if they just get William Friedkin involved…

Well, HBO are hardly going to say that the scripts are duds now!

Glad the cinematographer’s still on board. Now if they just get William Friedkin involved…

Well the exact quote was "I don't want to jinx it.....but the scripts are more exciting than season one". HBO genuinely do have high standards for the most part and if it was a piece of shit they have the option not the green light it. They've always been defiers of expectation too.

Yeah it would be cool if Friedkin directs a few episodes.

I’d say these lads are over the moon after getting the parts. Most sought after gig in Hollywood I reckon. They must have seen what season 1 has done for McConaughy’s credibility and be creaming their jorts. Fair play, I reckon.

Well the exact quote was "I don't want to jinx it.....but the scripts are more exciting than season one". HBO genuinely do have high standards for the most part and if it was a piece of shit they have the option not the green light it. They've always been defiers of expectation too.

Yeah it would be cool if Friedkin directs a few episodes.
Did I read somewhere that this one is set in LA ? The most vapid place on earth west of Shoreditch ?

Maybe they brought him in to direct a race riot episode and bring it in on budget. I fucking hope so anyway. William Friedkin would be dream team stuff especially if the HBO directing squad is on board like Allen Coulter and Timothy Van Patten.

Obviously I'll be giving it a go. Farrell could be amazing if he's playing a conflicted dirt bag because he's fucking brilliant at that. See The Way Back for his finest scum bag performance in years.

Did I read somewhere that this one is set in LA ? The most vapid place on earth west of Shoreditch ?

Maybe they brought him in to direct a race riot episode and bring it in on budget. I fucking hope so anyway. William Friedkin would be dream team stuff especially if the HBO directing squad is on board like Allen Coulter and Timothy Van Patten.

Obviously I'll be giving it a go. Farrell could be amazing if he's playing a conflicted dirt bag because he's fucking brilliant at that. See The Way Back for his finest scum bag performance in years.

Is that the Peter Weir movie? I LOVE Peter Weir movies and that's one I still need to see.

Is that the Mel Gibson in the war one ?

As far as I can remember it was great.

I watched it wasted one night. It made me feel awful.

Yeah it's the Mel movie. I haven't seen a Peter Weir movie yet that I've disliked, he's a treasure.

I’d say these lads are over the moon after getting the parts. Most sought after gig in Hollywood I reckon. They must have seen what season 1 has done for McConaughy’s credibility and be creaming their jorts. Fair play, I reckon.

Well a few A listers seemed to have turned it down, Christian Bale for instance, but he doesn't need the gig, although I'm sure it will turn out to be better than the likes of Out Of The Furnace. Jessica Chastain allegedly turned down a role too but again she's A list.

Vaughn and Farrell could really use this gig, that's for sure. And yeah fair play. Now who else shall fill out the cast. All the mentioned candidates are actors who could really use a career jolt.

I had a dream about season 2 last night. It was set in the 50s but all the characters had tablets and smartphones and Colin Farrell’s character had glowing eyes and belched a lot. I’m pretty sure this is how Pizzolatto has written it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back