trinity ball (1 Viewer)

atleast

this isn't america.. where stupid frat boys and sorority girls are wasting TENS OF THOUSANDS of their parents money by going to "prestigious" schools only to lower their already meager IQ by excessive binge drinking, thereby taking college places away from people like ME because of nepotism and because they can afford to.

bitter? me? what?

oly...

1. if i worked an evening and weekend job i would do completely craply in college becasue i would never study, never hand up my continuous assessment, etc, thus rendering the whole excercise beside the point.

2. even if that wasn't the case, i still wouldn't be able to pay fees plus ridiculous rent plus living expenses plus all college crap by working the kind of craply paid job that is the only kind of work i'd be able to get w/ no qualifications.

3. both of those are still beside the point, the point was and is that i am lucky enough to have parents who are generous, who give me tons of their money, but just becasue I am a priviledged wee fucker (which i don't deny for a second that i am, and i do feel a bit of a twit sometimes living off my parents till the age of 21) doesn't mean that i go to college to keep my parents happy. i do it becasue i want to be able to get a job that i fucking love, and suppport myself properly. there are actually students who don't see college as a stop-gap between school and getting a job in daddy's law firm, and who love what we do.

marianne....
yes absolutely.
i do generally want to smack people who talk in lectures. i could bitch about that al day, but this post has gone on for way too long already, i'm sunburnt and suffering my first buckfast hangover, tis the bad thing. z z z.

so i went and laid in the lake or even by the lake... and while i was there someone told me that oly's actually really nice and his aggro thing o0n eorecore's all a put-on... tis a good put-on....:D

You make me laugh. Since I started college three years ago I haven't took a penny off my parents and I don't live with them. It's not like I wasn't offered a handout but I wouldn't be able to take it off them. I'm not a kid anymore. It's not like I think everyone who does scab off their oul pair is a smelly cock, but I think it smacks of hypocrisy on a punk bulletin board.

I worked by washing windows in town during the winter and gardening during the summer. I had time to do this over the weekends or halfdays. It was great, I had no boss. During first year I was living in Smithfield and I was living with Owensie in second year. Now I'm in third year and I'm working with my dad, teaching first and second years and doing two days a week voluntary work. I'll start gardening again soon. Now, unless you're doing 50 or more hours a week, I can't see your point. I can't see why you'd make your Dad work overtime and get your mother to hand over two months wages just so you can have buckfast hangovers and get sunburnt while sitting by a lake.

Going off an a tangent here, but what the fuck has happened to punk anyway? Christ, now we're all just a bunch of rich students who scab off their parents all year round for college and then run up to them, hands out, looking for money to go 'CrimethInc-ing' around Europe; finding new cities to be inspired by and then to destroy by robbing its bikes and stealing from family run businesses. They're safe in the knowledge that come September they'll be safe and warm in their parent's homes.

And what makes you think that I'm not aggro all the time and that I don't put on being nice?

Not to act like a prick but if being punk means that you have to be aggro all the time and having to put on friendliness (even though you dont mean it ie. you're being false)....... id rather not be punk.

In unni every week i got a load of hours and then, since i;ve lots of different topics, i;ve alot to read up on; but i still manage to work, get pissed on my own money and save for some moments of extravagance and decadence- sucha s the ball.

I fucking hate these poeple that have 2 hours a week and get a ll their money from laziness, its almost as annoying as pople getting paid for being unemployed..I would like to know that if i ever needed money, that i could ask for it; but i don't have to.l I feel like a cunt that i still live at home, cos its not autonomy, but i cant work as m\any hours as i would need, in order to pay rent and study my double number hour days.

dam the spiralling cost of living in dublin.

Damn arts students ( although i'll have a degreee related job after uni)

Damn the unemployed.

AND most of all

Damn the lousy fucking government.

I tell you awell placed bomb would make me happy

mmmm

Gar you don't really have a problem with the unemployed do ya? If so why? Does it really annoy ya that muhc that people either a) can't get work or if they can it's fuckin awful shitty work with shitty bosses or b) they simply don't wanna work for whatever personal reason, it's up to them. I've been unemployed since xmas now, i gave up my last job after being there a year and a half, i needed a break from working cause i had always been working while in school and college (holidays, weekends, evenings), i went off to the uk for 5 weeks and then came back, im trying to get on the damn dole (with extreme difficulty, bastids) and will probably end up starting my new job on the 12th of may (and yes i could have got a job quicker but a) i didnt want to and b) i actually wnata job that doesn't feel like a waste of 40 hours a week) before i even get a fuckin penny off the dole. If yer gonna be serious and slag the unemployed put up some sorta argument.

my reasons against the unemployed is that i work shit hard for fuck all and i don't like the idea of people getting money for nothing. and of course there are exceptions proving the rule,as for everything, but i've got only one pot of tar, and this brush feels right.

good for you chunky, thats the way to go. this always happens on a board, start off talking about summit and it competely mutates into another topic. most jiving.

"my reasons against the unemployed is that i work shit hard for fuck all..."

So you dislike the unemployed for refusing to be exploited in the way you readily consent to?

Maybe you should think about the prospect of NOT working shit hard for fuck all. If you must work, work for yourself; otherwise make some sacrifices in your consumptive habits and you'll find you can get by with a minimum of expenses.

most people here have worked hard for fuck all and the ones that havent will most probably do so at some stage in the future while doing so most of them payed taxes (or will pay taxes) while working those jobs, these taxes presumably amongst other things go to pay peoples dole. what i'm trying to say is every person here are entitled to their dole wether they choose to be unemployed or just can't get a job.

i cant bloody believe that their is people on a so called "punk" board debating the trinity ball for fuck sake. youd want to be a right sad cunt to go/be involved in anyway with an event like that.

well then, i guess that makes me a very sad cunt, because not only am i going, but i'm ACTUALLY looking forward to it *gasp*.

and it wasn't meant to turn into a debate, i was just asking certain people if they were going or not... jeez people take things too far...

and it has not been confirmed that richie striknein is going. although i'm sure that would definitely up my punk points, atleast with some people in the scene, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back