Trigger Warning (1 Viewer)

Americans now have a monopoly on the words "rebel" and "slave". No other context will be tolerated.

While it's safe to assume that British activist Pankhurst didn't mean to evoke the American Confederacy —which adopted "rebel" as its descriptor of choice — her quote has unfortunate implications when read by U.S. audiences

Timeout LONDON.

Come on ffs

No one tell Spiked about this, we'll never hear the end of it.

The condescending tut-tutting here.

You'd have to think there's a corner being turned on outrage culture and what people will react to. Someone's gotta throw a flag on bullshit like this.

Most people don't actually care though, they have real problems to deal with. This stuff exists in a tiny little bubble of which most are unaware. Long may that continue.

Most people don't actually care though, they have real problems to deal with. This stuff exists in a tiny little bubble of which most are unaware. Long may that continue.
Problem is when people start dumping this frivolous -my context is the only context- stuff in with more important issues like, I dunno, abortion rights.

Just dem liberals whinging again.

Yeah Meryl Streep like. If you want to find a reason to be offended by her check out her stage Irish performance in Dancing at Lughnasa.

It's... triggering.

There's no way someone who looks like Zooey Deschanel will go to jail. Her name is almost a character from the Lion King*! She'll be hired by buzzfeed.

*racist comment from me there.

Jaze for a second there I thought that said "A Muslim dude was also fined £50 for burning poppies on Ray Darcy Day"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back