Trigger Warning (1 Viewer)

You'd have to think there's a balance to be struck there

As on the Travellers thread with regard to Rosa, some don't want balance, it's simply the case that they are right and anyone dissenting from that is not just wrong but actively evil.
Of course I sympathise with the lady who's son died but come on, what's she gonna do, lock herself up for three months a year to avoid all mention of Christmas? There comes a time when you have to move on, part of that involves being exposed to reminders of the source of your pain.

As on the Travellers thread with regard to Rosa, some don't want balance, it's simply the case that they are right and anyone dissenting from that is not just wrong but actively evil.
Of course I sympathise with the lady who's son died but come on, what's she gonna do, lock herself up for three months a year to avoid all mention of Christmas? There comes a time when you have to move on, part of that involves being exposed to reminders of the source of your pain.
And who THE FUCK are you to say when that time is for this person?

You do what you can do accommodate people, same as everything. If they ask you don't do a thing around them you try not to do it.

And who THE FUCK are you to say when that time is for this person?

You do what you can do accommodate people, same as everything. If they ask you don't do a thing around them you try not to do it.

You've missed the word 'Balance'. Of course you try accommodate people but to ask that no one talks about family, death or Christmas is nonsensical.

You've missed the word 'Balance'. Of course you try accommodate people but to ask that no one talks about family, death or Christmas is nonsensical.
In the interests of balance it's pretty nonsensical for you to decide when it is that someone needs to 'move on'.

I'd find it perfectly possible to make sure that I didn't talk about death, family or Christmas within earshot of a co-worker.

In the interests of balance it's pretty nonsensical for you to decide when it is that someone needs to 'move on'.

I'd find it perfectly possible to make sure that I didn't talk about death, family or Christmas within earshot of a co-worker.

I never attempted to dictate the time that anyone should 'move on', I simply stated that that time must come.

As I'm sure most would but what at Christmas time? What if a co-worker gets pregnant or their partner dies? Is everyone to sneak about as on eggshells? These are big life events and its only natural that people will want to talk about them.

I never attempted to dictate the time that anyone should 'move on', I simply stated that that time must come.

As I'm sure most would but what at Christmas time? What if a co-worker gets pregnant or their partner dies? Is everyone to sneak about as on eggshells? These are big life events and its only natural that people will want to talk about them.
Listen if someone's partner dies and you insist on talking loudly about it in front of them AND another bereaved person because IT'S ONLY NATURAL THAT I WANNA TALK ABOUT IT M8.... just go ahead. Fuck it what do I care

Listen if someone's partner dies and you insist on talking loudly about it in front of them AND another bereaved person because IT'S ONLY NATURAL THAT I WANNA TALK ABOUT IT M8.... just go ahead. Fuck it what do I care

No ones talking about it loudly, we talk about things at the usual conversational level.
I was referring to people talking about their personal lives, not me/whoever talking about the lives of others.

it's a good point

CQ-a2irUAAAQR_w.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back