Transcendental Meditation (1 Viewer)

my experience -
- it's expensive if you go down the route of learning it through the official Transcendental Meditation folks. it was something like $1000+, maybe more, when I investigated in the states out of curiosity a few years back.
- there seemed to me to be scammy aspects to that organisation
- there are ex TM'ers who offer to teach the technique for next to nothing though. their attitude seems to be that official TM is a rip-off, but that the technique does work, and is not a big mystery, so they choose to teach the technique for like $30 (you get a PDF and an mp3)
- type "natural stress relief" in google and it's the first result
- I showed what I got from those folk to a good friend who had gone down the "official TM" route and he agreed that it was basically the same as what he'd learned going the official route. he has been doing it for years and continues to do it, and attributes it as saving his life, but he is still a pretty weird and neurotic (albeit nice) dude despite his regular practise of it.
- the technique did "work" for me reducing stress and clearing my head, in the same way that saying a decade of the rosary every night probably has a meditative effect on some people, or praying to allah 5 times a day has for muslims or whatever. it's just another form of clearing your thoughts for a while. i did find it effective, but not a mystical experience, and I didn't use it as a starting point on a religious journey, didn't follow up buddhism or anything
- I don't do it any more because I am a lazy undisciplined pile of shite, i probably should get back to it
- David Lynch's book 'catching the big fish' or whatever it's called is good.

Cool, thanks for sharing. Not as transcendental as the name suggests so. I'm not really interested in it from a religious stand point, just relaxation really. Was thinking of saving to go the official TM route, but will reconsider.

Meditation, like yoga, is introverted and lazy. It's just a rationale for sitting on your hole and thinking you're great for a few hours a day .

A bit of hard work will make you happier, feeling like a productive member of society and will help you sleep better.

Arbeit macht frei. Just because Nazis said it doesn't make it wrong.

Meditation, like yoga, is introverted and lazy. It's just a rationale for sitting on your hole and thinking you're great for a few hours a day .

A bit of hard work will make you happier, feeling like a productive member of society and will help you sleep better.
diddles for president.

Nobody should want to become this.

Exhibit A:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Exhibit B:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back