Tour de France 2007 thread (5 Viewers)

So Schleck, one of the top contenders of the past few years, has been doping this year and yet has been unable to get near the top bunch? Hmmm

A reasonable man might posit that this is because they are all doped up the fucking hoo-ha and the whole sport has been a total sham for decades. He might posit that. A reasonable man.

So Schleck, one of the top contenders of the past few years, has been doping this year and yet has been unable to get near the top bunch? Hmmm

his head is up his hole this year. Theres lots of infighting in that team and they're about to go to the wall. No riders have been paid in ages, one of their main riders (Jakob Fuglsang) has been banned from riding any top races in case he wins points and fucks off to another team, plus Frank went and shit the bed after being made ride the Giro (Bruyneel said he didn't even try, then dropped out for no reason). And thats all before Bruyneel and Lancey-boy's impending getting fucked by the law. All in all good times for the Shack

sorry but is it any fucking wonder they didn't want kimmage hanging around? his book is a great read, but his writing has never made him sound like much fun. but mainly, it's nothing but speculation to say 'let me live in your pocket' and then to make pointed insinuations when you refuse. that interview is all you need to know about why he wasn't asked along -

I don’t like what I am hearing,” he told VeloNation earlier this week. “When asked about doping, the answers from Wiggins now sound the same as with Armstrong and Floyd.”

but hey, actually paul, that's just total bollocks, as Wiggins' article in the Guardian then proved. So what integrity does Kimmage have left, when he makes idiotic statements like this? who would actually want him around?

couldn't be that he won his olympic medals and worlds clean, then spent three years training to win the tour with a team made up of three/four potential GC contenders. people who have been watching on TV say it's not possible.

sorry but is it any fucking wonder they didn't want kimmage hanging around? his book is a great read, but his writing has never made him sound like much fun. but mainly, it's nothing but speculation to say 'let me live in your pocket' and then to make pointed insinuations when you refuse. that interview is all you need to know about why he wasn't asked along -

He was asked. Brailsford asked him. Wiggins put a stop to it.

He was asked. Brailsford asked him. Wiggins put a stop to it.
Yeah but does that mean he's secretly doping without Brailsford's knowledge, or that he didn't fancy talking to Paul before and after each stage? Anyway I'll eat my words if he's caught doping. I just don't think there's anywhere close to enough evidence to say that he has been. His face during Lesley Garrett was fantastic

hq3nl.jpg

Wasn't Paul Kimmage the dude who said Lance Armstrong was a cancer in the sport? Whatever you think about Armstrong and doping, to say that to someone who beat cancer is unbelievably insensitive.

Edit: found the video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah that's him. that was a spectacularly misjudged question.

'rough ride' is a fascinating book though, and you can see where he's coming from after reading it. he's just not a great writer and comes across as very arrogant in a lot of articles I've read

Yeah but does that mean he's secretly doping without Brailsford's knowledge, or that he didn't fancy talking to Paul before and after each stage? Anyway I'll eat my words if he's caught doping. I just don't think there's anywhere close to enough evidence to say that he has been. His face during Lesley Garrett was fantastic

No, nothing happens without Brailford's knowledge. I'll try and find the daily mail article Kimmage wrote

(yes, I know, the daily mail - fucking rag - but thats who he writes for these days)

And I thought the cancer comment to Lance was brilliant. Him, David Walsh and Pierre Ballister were the only ones who stood up to Armstrong, and they're about to be proved right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...attle-cyclings-drug-demons--Paul-Kimmage.html

there you go. Not sure if you read David Millar's book but he mentions Brailsford in glowing terms. They're great mates, but when Sky was being put together back in the beginning Millar could not be hired. They laid out their recruitment principles and anyone with any kind of past where doping was even hinted, was not going to be hired. It was great to hear.

Fast forward 2 years. Sean Yates,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Yates

Michael Rogers

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/02/12/with-drugs-so-rife-could-australians-be-doping-too/

and we all know about Geert Leinders;

all involved in the team. Those initial principles all clearly abandoned, with the hiring of Lienders being the most curious of all.

They may be clean. I don't believe they are. Regardless, they have questions to answer.

The Brits are fawning all over Bradley exactly the same way the yanks did over Lance. Diss Bradley and it'll be like taking a piss on the Queen herself. Its not the Brits who need to ask these questions. Its people like Kimmage. People who are not so blinkered by national pride and misplaced fucking patriotism, because it will all end in tears lads.

reading kimmage's article there it does look pretty bad with Leindeers coming in. The rest I am not sure about. i think it's more likely to be a straightforward case of financial doping than chemical. if you can hire four potential GC contenders to ride as domestiques and have a credible one-year training plan aimed at maxing out in July 2012, why risk it all on doping?

http://inrng.com/2012/07/bradley-wiggins-photo-career/

reading kimmage's article there it does look pretty bad with Leindeers coming in. The rest I am not sure about. i think it's more likely to be a straightforward case of financial doping than chemical. if you can hire four potential GC contenders to ride as domestiques and have a credible one-year training plan aimed at maxing out in July 2012, why risk it all on doping?

http://inrng.com/2012/07/bradley-wiggins-photo-career/

For me this is the most telling of all;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Froome

scroll down to his palmares.

A complete joke, if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back