Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

i just bought two tickets for the last date in dublin, im fairly sure there probably the shittest seats goin, it says row Z, but it IS tom waits!, im a bit disapointed tht a 'man of the people' should charge so much, but it IS tom waits, so,...

Anybody know how this price setting works?
Is the 'artist' getting a % of the door therefore encouraging the highest price possible or is it all at the promoters discretion. Someone was sayin' t'me that Waits tickets in the Czech Republic were €40 or something along those lines.
I really thought/hoped that they overstretched themselves on this, that they'd have huge troubles selling those tickets at those prices but apparently not.

Anybody know how this price setting works?
Is the 'artist' getting a % of the door therefore encouraging the highest price possible or is it all at the promoters discretion. Someone was sayin' t'me that Waits tickets in the Czech Republic were €40 or something along those lines.
I really thought/hoped that they overstretched themselves on this, that they'd have huge troubles selling those tickets at those prices but apparently not.

The performer is guarunteed a fee. In most cases touring bands will say how much they want and a promotor will either say that they'll pay it or not. If it's a high demand act like Waits a number of promotors will bid against each other to get the gig, this drives the guaruntee up. And that has to be recouped through higher ticket prices.

If he plays All The World is Green, I might cry.

d'ya reckon that's his 'Earthsong'? I really want to hear Big in Japan. Seems to be putting in some seriously long sets. A few with 'ol Tom quietly at the piano would be good too.

My tickets just arrived in the post.

rs5.JPG

Yep, my tickets arrived today!

We were ghosting Tom Waits around the USA... it seemed like we played every town the day after him.

Met the guy from Man Man at our gig in Austin, he'd just seen Tom Waits the night before and said it was one of the most disappointing gigs he'd ever been to.
He said Waits' band was just too slick and 'professional'.
Kinda disheartening to hear, especially from someone who is obviously such a Waits fan (taking into account Man Man's music).

But on the other hand, we met one of the guys from Sparklehorse in Dallas and he said every single detail of the Dallas show was utterly perfect.

Either way, i can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back