tinnitus (1 Viewer)

somebody posted on the main board a while back saying that a few sessions of acupuncture completely sorted it out for him, after the doctor had told him that there was nothing that could be done about it. acupuncture is great for the buzz aswell.

got it, hate it. i tend to use earplugs now when practicing, but not for gigs, tho i should cos it can be really bad for a while after a few shows in a row. i guess it gets better after a while, i only get occasional pangs every now and then at the minute (we've only gigged once since april)... plus the dude from mission of burma had to quit back in the early 80s due to tinnitus, and they're back on tour now so i guess he recovered...

get earplugs, they dont look stupid, they dont make you look like an idiot... total opposite in fact.

B for the Spree said:
plus the dude from mission of burma had to quit back in the early 80s due to tinnitus, and they're back on tour now so i guess he recovered...

QUOTE]

he wears industrial earplugs and plays with a glass shield around the front of his drumkit now.

trev said:
B for the Spree said:
plus the dude from mission of burma had to quit back in the early 80s due to tinnitus, and they're back on tour now so i guess he recovered...

QUOTE]

he wears industrial earplugs and plays with a glass shield around the front of his drumkit now.
oh shit.

That's nuts...I better seriously start taking proper care of my hearing...

If you had to lose one, would you rather your sight or your hearing? I reckon I'd go for sight...but I dunno...no sight and you'd probably be less judgmental of people and base your view of them solely on how they act and what they say...plus you'd still be able to rock out.

Corm said:

If you had to lose one, would you rather your sight or your hearing? I reckon I'd go for sight...but I dunno...no sight and you'd probably be less judgmental of people and base your view of them solely on how they act and what they say...plus you'd still be able to rock out.
hearing... at least you could still read, and see the people you love... anyway beethoven was deaf by the end and he still rocked out. lay on the floor and checked the vibrations.

B for the Spree said:
hearing... at least you could still read, and see the people you love... anyway beethoven was deaf by the end and he still rocked out. lay on the floor and checked the vibrations.
hearing, definitely. much as I love music, my hearing gives me tons of grief as well (I literally can't sleep without earplugs, and I live in a really quiet house.). Not being able to read or write or walk down the street easily would be shit.

trev said:
B for the Spree said:

QUOTE]

And also plays BEHIND the guitar amp.
Mind you,tomorrow night will still be incredible.

Corm said:

Quite some years ago now,I fractured my skull,pretty bad too. And when I was in the hospital bed hardly able to hear anything and not able to see much more than very blurry light at the best of times I was very close to praying for my hearing to come back. It did,as did my eyesight thank god!!ha ha!

a mate of mine who plays in a band had this problem,go to the ear dentist and he can make these speical ear plugs that rather than just muffiling the sound actually lower the decibles going through them you can even specify how small a level of noise is coming through them ,they cost a fair few yoyos though ,he paid about a tonne 9 or ten years ago ,so god knows what they cost now, but jayzuz whatever it is its worth it , ya can probably get ones with exploited or antinowhere league logos on them to combat the unpunkness of them

CITY BABY said:
a mate of mine who plays in a band had this problem,go to the ear dentist and he can make these speical ear plugs that rather than just muffiling the sound actually lower the decibles going through them you can even specify how small a level of noise is coming through them ,they cost a fair few yoyos though ,he paid about a tonne 9 or ten years ago ,so god knows what they cost now, but jayzuz whatever it is its worth it , ya can probably get ones with exploited or antinowhere league logos on them to combat the unpunkness of them
i have cheaper ones that do the same... posted about them months ago... cost about 13 quid sterling. EH-20 or EC-20 or something.

B for the Spree said:
i have cheaper ones that do the same... posted about them months ago... cost about 13 quid sterling. EH-20 or EC-20 or something.
here, where did you get these magical items?

I'll state the obvious, even if it is probably too late to point this out to some people, but it is far better to turn down your ear-damaging noise at the source, rather than just trying to block it out with ear plugs: this comment mainly directed at those people still practicing in bands, rather than gig goers. Still, don't be afraid of asking the sound person to turn down the front of house system - the worst they can do is tell you to feck off.

If your equipment needs to be run at a ludcirously high volume to get a decent sound out of it then see if you can isolate it in another room playing at loud volume, but mic it up and just listen back to it through a monitor at quiet but sufficient volume. Try not to fall into the trap of turning up even more just because you can't make it out distinctly, and so causing more damage.

Hope the problem clears up for you Ian.

seems to the gunther this d beat boy has ears like like caged monkey in autum .you try be happy now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back