Thumped on Six To One news (2 Viewers)

Lefty Frizzell said:
i often see dobbers on his bike tearin through donnybrook on his way to montrose. he's a fine broadcaster it has to be said.

what was the name of the newsreader who retired about 15 years ago? don coburn or somethin?

Don Coburn - ah! that was a legend. Looked like a sewer zombie. He was a big chief in RTE and famously anchored a whole series of programmes during an RTE strike. He looked like a used J-Cloth.

And who was that bit-part newsreader who was a part-time funeral director?

Aengus MacGrianna is the most annoying man in the world.

And, of course, how can we forget Sports Stadium's stalwart Brendan O'Reilly? I saw an album of his in that Blackberry market in Rathmines. It was a recording of him singing songs about Michael Collins in Jury's.
Olympian hurdler with the voice of a butch angel - why don't RTE have these Renaissance men anymore?

what about everyone favourite GAA man, marty 'pumpaction' morrissey? one of the most unnattractive creatures ever to order a scampi and chips from the rte canteen.

newtownvmurphys_marty.jpg

hang on, what the fuck is he doin at westminster?!

Bellatrix said:
It's the eyes too.

There's an inherent Ziggishness to them.

i wonder do his zoggabongs move back when he's angry like a ponys ears?

Bellatrix said:
Brian Dobson is great.

He looks like Zig.

Speaking of people who look like furry yokes, I swear that Caroline Morahan is a fucking ringer for either Podge or Rodge. Check it out. I'm not alone in thinking it, lots of other people on my ward noticed the resemblance.

Lefty Frizzell said:
what about everyone favourite GAA man, marty 'pumpaction' morrissey? one of the most unnattractive creatures ever to order a scampi and chips from the rte canteen.

newtownvmurphys_marty.jpg

Anyone see his tour around GAA land last Christmas? And the now-legendary "punching-the-air-while-listening-to-Tom-Petty-while-driving-his-Volvo-down-some-backroad-in-Limerick" scene?

Marty Morrissey (or Mr. 2000) is living proof that anyone can be on television.

Wavioli said:
she asked me did I want a golden shower when I was on a fag break.

Damn work. bah

I think she hangs around the mines cos it has its fair share of weirdos scampering about. Actually last time i was there I saw the Fr. Sean Fortune lookalike who talks to himself and wears his slippers, drenched in piss with a rather nutty looking dirty sanchez. Must have just come from her place?

John D'oh said:
it's 'Don Cockburn'.

He's a miserable bollix. Years ago, I worked in a shop and Cockman bought a box of matches and proceeded to count out the thrupence ha'penny from a little purse. Men with purses need to be beaten soundly about the head with a rusty exhaust pipe.

He then fucked off on his bike with this trews neatly tucked into his sensible argyle socks.

He's dead, inhe?

dead on the inside. And on the outside.

Yes, he's dead.

bit harsh calling him a cunt for paying in coppers for a box of matches. You know how shops need small change? maybe he was doing it out of civic pride?

Margo said:
He's a miserable bollix. Years ago, I worked in a shop and Cockman bought a box of matches and proceeded to count out the thrupence ha'penny from a little purse. Men with purses need to be beaten soundly about the head with a rusty exhaust pipe.

He then fucked off on his bike with this trews neatly tucked into his sensible argyle socks.

He's dead, inhe?

Of course... he was known for cycling. Didn't really help much in the end. "You can't cycle out of your grave"

I remember seeing Arnold O'Byrne in Blackrock Clinic restaurant. "Tá me chraoi i me bhéal" I muttered.

Oh! And the "Coburn" mis-spelling was duly noted.

A friend of mine wrote and recorded, but never released, an entire concept album about Don Cockburn. It's pretty good actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back