Thumped F.C. (2 Viewers)

We were robbed. More than once. One-nil up and crashed, drew one. Cry!

Those italian bastards!

The EA Server thing is really starting to annoy me. Its not often that our stars align and we're all online at the same time so its a real pisser when you can't pla- get beaten.

It's annoying alright. We were holding our own for the most part last night. I think it'll come good soon and we'll start racing up the league.

We need to actually qualify for a league before we start racing up it!

i'll try to make it too, around 7.30/8ish. How do i get into the team, can one of you just invite me or something?

Good work there boss!
1384952210_81c119458c.jpg

yeah, happy enough with my debut but was caught in possession a few times, just getting used to the switch player thing. onward and upward.

quite possibly, maybe around 8 or 9. Have we ever tinkered with the aggression settings on players or anything? We might need a conference call on tactics.

One thing I noticed last night is that if you select a player from the defence that it's very easy for you to drift into midfield when waiting for a kickout for example. This leaves defence exposed. Was guilty of it myself. would be better to only select midfielders when waiting for a kickout. Am I being condescending or did you all know this already?

I'm pretty much out of the game for the next week I'd say.

Might be on late tomorrow, but I might be shooting things if the lads are about.

The whole 'ANY' thing is a conundrum that has been talked about here before. What I have noticed is that all the teams we play against only ever have one person playing as ANY, so that might be the way to go.

And yep we have turned up the aggro before, I think it made a difference alright. Johnny is the tactics man.

quite possibly, maybe around 8 or 9. Have we ever tinkered with the aggression settings on players or anything? We might need a conference call on tactics.

One thing I noticed last night is that if you select a player from the defence that it's very easy for you to drift into midfield when waiting for a kickout for example. This leaves defence exposed. Was guilty of it myself. would be better to only select midfielders when waiting for a kickout. Am I being condescending or did you all know this already?

Kind of. I reckon the most effective way to play is to have one person selecting 'any' and controlling the backline while the others pick permanent positions like midfielder, striker, winger.

I think the key is playing loads of games in the same position and learning when to time runs, set pieces etc.

When i played with redtapemeances team everyone generally stuck to the same positions and i think as a result won most games.

He needs to get a 360 and join Thumped Prix on loan.

I think the formation is important too. Last night we were playing 4-3-3 which is a bit too aggressive or 'forward' for online play, especially against a 4-4-2 or 5-3-2. To be continued...

Unrest in the dressing room!!!

I'm so into this game, I've spent an alarming amout of time reading fifa forums about tactics. It's all a bit of a minefield really. I've got a decent setup in place, but it actually seems impossible to completely stop your defence from pushing up.

When myself, Joss and Lefty were playing the other night, we did pretty well indeed. Me and Joss were ANY, Lefty was a striker or wide player. I reckon a couple of ANYs is pretty much the limit really. If other guys control wingers and strikers (nobody central, as it's too easy to leave a hole if u make a forward run?), then we'd be laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back