Thumped down during the day? (1 Viewer)

brianMy Remorse

Website
www.myremorse.com
mm maybe its just me, but why does thumped seem to be down everyday for awhile?
here in ucc you cant get onto it during the day at times.
is it just us langers being punished for our crap head ways??

It would really be interesting to measure the increase in productivity amongst Thumped folks during these downtimes. I imagine that the average increase is brought down slightly by folks who sit there just reloading the page until it's back, but, you know, it might be interesting.

yeah, i actually manage to get some study done during this period. ..no seriously like, i actually do.

maybe its part of the subscription package.. they look out for your best interests as well, stop you from spending your entire day on the net.

brianMy Remorse said:
mm maybe its just me, but why does thumped seem to be down everyday for awhile?
here in ucc you cant get onto it during the day at times.
is it just us langers being punished for our crap head ways??

this happens in UL aswell :confused: i just thought it was thumped to be honest but maybe its something to do with the heanet our internet providers for colleges!!!!!!

happens to me aswell, at home and in college. I assume its to do with the amount of traffic/connections.

it's the server

at random times during the day, the server load jumps to the 50-60 range & eventually the apache service fails & restarts, then everything is grand. until it happens again.

thing is i've been able to SSH in when this is happening & apart from the insanely high server loads stuff like TOP shows nothing unusual.

it only happens during the day & it's near impossible for me to investigate it at these times what with work and stuff. Next chance i get to take a day off I'll be looking into it, but that's not looking very likely any time soon....

edit: regarding normal server loads, right now it's:

Server Load Averages 0.65 0.49 0.47 | 57 Users Online (27 members and 30 guests)

Pete
Type in
ps -aux
when you're in via SSH and you'll be able to see the % memory and cpu used by the different processes. Something like this happened to me once and the problem turend out to be a php script running a regular expression on a huge file, using up an enormous amount of processor power and causing apache to crash

egg_ said:
Pete
Type in
ps -aux
when you're in via SSH and you'll be able to see the % memory and cpu used by the different processes. Something like this happened to me once and the problem turend out to be a php script running a regular expression on a huge file, using up an enormous amount of processor power and causing apache to crash
will do

Latex lizzie said:
I thought it was just me. Was it gone today yeah?

sure was down. badly.

as usual, nothing unusual in top (or egg's ps-aux) & a reboot made the problem go away.

Bummer.

just made some changes to the mysql settings.... i think i might just have to stick more memory in the server. bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back