Thumped Disco 2 - Wired For Sound (3 Viewers)

Originally posted by pete
I think you're expected to pay them if you're using it for commercial porpoises.

Does educational use count as commercial? I suppose in this day and age it probably should....3rd level certainly.
Even if I do have to pay, it'll still save me the time of getting aerial photos from the OS.
I'll miss the cycle through the Phoenix Park but.

Originally posted by billygannon
My suggestions for what should be raffled:

A box of USA Assorted Biscuits

A day-ticket to Bray

A bottle of whiskey (preferably Miller's Gold: The pride of Dundalk)

A watch

A couple of albums

The eyebrows of the best DJ

Those in bold I will be supplying for definite

I feel this facet of the proceedings should be elaborated upon.

I just sent this out to the member list:
After the joy that was the first Thumped Disco, here's another chance to put faces to names and quickly forget them again in a drunken haze. This time around, the Disco takes place in conjunction with those nice Wired For Sound people in Bodkins on Bolton Street. It's on this Thursday (6th June) and kick off is 8pm. (Bodkins can be found at the very top of Capel Street, near DIT. It has a big BODKINS up on the roof.)

In keeping with the Thumped Disco tradition, name tags will be supplied and must be worn at all times. In keeping with the Wired for Sound tradition, each DJ will perform a 15 minute set. DJ's for the night were carefully chosen from the cream of Dublin's music scene. Unfortunately, none of them could make it so this lot will have to do (in no particular order):

> simon - of wired for sound / warlords of pez notoriety
> justin - as above
> dudley - of The Dudley Corporation fame
> billy - grubby hands in every pie
> nlgbbbblth - aaoueuea
> herv - compactrisc/bluemurder music
> chriths - warlords of pez / the chalets
> kirstie - socialite; occasional XFM DJ
> happy - of Daemien Frost / Alpha Relish fame
> stuart little - more warlords of pez
> singer - of ie-indie fame
> anne o malley - rollers sparkers
> 1984 a.k.a. c4o - the guy with least thumbs in other cakes.
> binky - Front End Synthetics and The Jimmy Cake
> meta - gregor57
> monkey - wears glasses

I'm reliably informed that there'll be a nominal admission charge of maybe a couple of euros.

There's talk of a raffle with a selection of top prizes including a tin of USA Assorted biscuits, a day ticket to Bray and "a couple of albums", but this probably won't happen. Maybe this time someone will remember to bring a camera... someone who will actually remember to take some photo's, that is.

So that's it: Thumped Disco 2 / Wired For Sound - Bodkins, Bolton Street, Thursday June 6, 8pm

And here's a map! http://209.204.240.222/bbs/attachment.php3?s=&postid=28633

See? it really DOES have a big Bodkins up on the roof

cheers,
pete

Nobody ever reads this far down.

Spot the deliberate mistake.

was there a waiting list?

maybe some other corpo member will step forward fill dudleys clown like shoes?

Originally posted by pete
was there a waiting list?

maybe some other corpo member will step forward fill dudleys clown like shoes?

there was a waiting list, but its lost among some other thread....

i may attempt to dig it up later.

i'm pretty excited about it. this may have something to do with a free booze thing i'll be at before so i'm going to be monged when i get there... but i'm also very excited at the propect at getting the crap knocked out of me for my sins... i had a dream last night, i was at the thumped disco, i arrived and no one was there, i went up the th dj box and everyone i'd ever been mean to jumped out tried to kill me with kicks and bottles. but then path saved me. he beat everyone back with his mickey and then wrapped it around my waste and another mickey appeared from out of his head, not unlike some sort of propellar head type character. it started spinning like a propellar and he mickey flew me to safety. and now we're best friends.

everyone who ever signed up for an account(s) should have gotten an email last night.

I hope.

Anyone here NOT get one?

Originally posted by snakybus
I'm looking forward to feeling all the sweet love in the room.

I think a special invitation should be sent out to IU. He'd really enjoy it.

Thats the funniest thing I have read in ages...
I love IU, we could all bring shitty drawings with us to enter his album cover compitition... Better still we could run a compitition on the night! I'll bring crayons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back