Thumped Disco 2 - Wired For Sound (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by fintan
yeah the Warp tour is a bit steep at 22 yoyo i reckon i'm going to give it a skip, mainly because some drunk told me drexiya (sp?) were playing a while ago so the whole things been a disappointment to me ever since.

- Fintan

you no like the subaquatic ones?

Hey Pete,
how'd you get the nice high res aerial photo?
Do you have to pay those Map Flow people for them?
Cos they be damn pricey from the OS.

oh i get you now fintan.

yeah, it would be interesting, live techno/electro has always intrigued me, i remember seeing random noise generation live in germany and they were earsplitting. vicious. and stewart s. walker in tresor. he was wriggling like an epileptic centipede.

Originally posted by Keeror
I can get the maps but not the photos. Where are they hidden?

I think you just click on 'Xoom in' and click the area of the map you want to xoom in on
I have just been looking at the roof of my house
very interesting

Oh cool what's Tresor like? I'm thinking of going there when I go interrailing in July. . .maybe catch DJ Hell or Shufflemaster or someone.

Saw Squarepusher live in music centre - quite disappointed but then I think he had loads of tech problems that night. David Donohoe does a pretty good live set, he played at one of our gigs, he uses samplers and whatnot as opposed to laptops, which is what a lot of folks seem to use these days.

Maybe instead of going to the warp gig we could focus our efforts on nicking the bus iteself to take it on a merry journey of our own, load it up musicians and drugs and horse around Letrim/Cavan/Westmeath banging out electro and ambient electronica to aulfellas trying to watch the Sunday Game on their B&W TVs.

Originally posted by Keeror
Thank you.
that's going to save me some money.

I think you're expected to pay them if you're using it for commercial porpoises.

Originally posted by fintan
Oh cool what's Tresor like? I'm thinking of going there when I go interrailing in July. . .maybe catch DJ Hell or Shufflemaster or someone.

tresor is neat. its in an old department store, and tresor itself is in the money vault. its cool, pitch black, metal walls, iron gates and one wall of speakers.
if you're going to berlin, get in contact with me before you go, theres lots of cool places that not too many people know. i recommend pfefferbank/pfefferberg too and eimer if they've opened it up again. also very much 'maria am ostbahnhof'.

Saw Squarepusher live in music centre - quite disappointed but then I think he had loads of tech problems that night. David Donohoe does a pretty good live set, he played at one of our gigs, he uses samplers and whatnot as opposed to laptops, which is what a lot of folks seem to use these days.

yeah, i'm a big laptop fan at the moment. it makes me look stupider than i already feel, so thats pretty cool.

Maybe instead of going to the warp gig we could focus our efforts on nicking the bus iteself to take it on a merry journey of our own, load it up musicians and drugs and horse around Letrim/Cavan/Westmeath banging out electro and ambient electronica to aulfellas trying to watch the Sunday Game on their B&W TVs.

:)

if you have a mac and a darkened stage you look uber slick with your glowing on and off lights etc, like alva nato in the Project. laptop = more likely to go kaput while you perform tho

I'm going interrailing, havent decided on all the places to visit yet but germany is a defo and i reckoned Berlin would be a good start in germany. Any other cities worth visiting?

Il drop you a mail to get the lowdown on Berlin ;-)

- fintan

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back